Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances of approval?

tag
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Re: Chances of approval?

@Anonymous wrote:

So I pulled my Experian report from their site. Score is 617. However, it's showing my Kay card "closed" - even though on Credit Karma and Annual Credit Report (all 3) I pulled it shows as Open still. Whats up with that? anyways, 617 either way from Experian which is better than thought. I'm going to pay the Charge-Offs in full regardless and my Cap1 should be reporting $0 balance soon, my Kay card has been full balance for awhile now. Hopefully I can see a boost from 617 once Cap1 reports.  630-640 would be nice (isn't 640 the next step up?) Right now according to TU I'm "Very Poor" and according to Experian I'm "Fair" credit.

Never let your cards report ZERO balance, always 30%, better less than 10%. You can get to 640, I don't know your time frame, but picking up another credit card will help.

At 617 EX, you've barely eeked into the higher end of sub-prime, basically around 10% interest. You can try Lending Tree to see what happens...

I've searched the internet endlessly looking for lenders that pull EX.

You might wanna try CarMax if you don't have to have a new car. They have '13's and '14's as well.

BluSky and Auto Credit Express both have high BBB ratings, you can try them as well for a new car loan.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well looks like Kay closed my acc due to inactive - doesn't look like my score took a hit because it wasn't my oldest card- however it will once my ultilizaton reports back- gonna pay off most of my capital one card next paycheck then to make sure and keep it under 10% - then Afterwards work on paying my other CO and working on a secured card thru CU to hopefully raise score to 640 so I'm in the next tier.
Message 12 of 15
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Two to three cards work best. Good Luck and please keep us updated and post a picture! 

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will. Going to go for a secured card with my local CU soon to get another line of credit going since my Kay card is now closed. 

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys. Updated information.

TU Score: 630 and 11% debt to income

EX Score: 617

EQ: Unknown

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.