Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances of qualifying for Ford Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chances of qualifying for Ford Credit

I am looking to buy an F250.  I figure final price to be 50K.  I plan on putting 5K down, so I will be financing 45K.

My current credit scores range from 650 - 678.  However, I just noticed 2 small collections accounts on my credit report for medical bills.  I called each company and got them to agree to completely remove the collection if I paid the balance.  So I expect my score could go up next month.

Here are my issues.

1.  I have a repo with Ford Motor Credit.  This was from 1997.  Obviously, this is no longer on my credit report, but does Ford remember all history, and could I be blackballed?

2.  My credit report is showing 2 - 30 day late payments on a vehcle from 6 years ago.  It also shows the payments were brough current, and then the loan paid off with no issues.

I have since financed 4 vehicles with perfect payment history.

3.  I currently have 2 Volkswagens financed with VW credit (perfect payment history) that Volkswagen will be buying back from me. (Probably the same day I hopefully pick up my truck)  So the 2 vehicles will show on my credit report as me still owing a balance, when actually they were just paid off.

I will not be making the purchase until October, since that is when VW will be buying back my current vehicles, so I have some time to work on my score.

What is everybody's thoughts?

Thanks

Tim

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: Chances of qualifying for Ford Credit

APPROVED!!!!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!!  Hopefully I will be able to say the same thing next year

Message 3 of 6
MakeItAMudLight
Frequent Contributor

As long as the income support sthe loan then ehis should be an easy approval.  Depending on the rebates versus special financing they may be able to get you a better deal elsewhere.  Remember the 0 or 1.9% special financing offers through Ford Motor Credit are only really good deals if you keep the vehicle the life of the loan.  Usually taking the rebates is the better deal.  

Message 4 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I'm thinking the chances are good. If not there may be better optioms out there.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depending on DTI/PTI you should have no issue in qualifying for a loan. As far as Ford Motor Credit it really depends on them, when I worked for a Honda dealership there were several times where honda finance would remember a repossession from 20 years ago and would not approve the customer. 

This actually leads me to a story. Honda was offering 0.9% for 60 months for one of their vehicle a few years ago. We have a customer come in at 9 pm, has an 800 beaon and a 50% advance purchasing a new vehicle. We do his paperwork and assume that Honda will quickly approve him the next morning. To my surprise he had a reposession on a CRX 17 year ago and honda at any level, all the way up to branch manager refused to give him a loan on a new vehicle.

Trying to keep the deal together I shopped around for additional financing, found 1.49 % and called the customer to let him know what had happened. He anwsered the phone saying "Hello, your calling from the finance department at the Honda dealsership right?" I said "yes sir". He said "Honda holds a grude dont they? What's my next best option?". I let him know what I had, he said he completely understood and came in later the next day to resign paperwork at my new approval. We both thought it was funny that Honda has the mind of a elephant. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.