Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chances?

tag
Razor_Poke
Established Member

Chances?

The Good: Wife and my scores hang around 690-710. The Great: No negatives or lates; 24 year credit history; 9 perfectly managed auto loans over that 24 years; $105K verifiiable solid history combined income The bad: High CC utilization (74%); DTI about 43% with NO current auto loan; 2 self closed CC's due to int rate hikes; paying as required however.

Wanting a new or late model used Toyota or Honda SUV in the $30K range. Current auto loan to be paid off in a couple months to Toyota. Got a letter a few days ago from Toyota wanting us to return for another finance. It didn't have a lot of details to it, but it implied that they were "favoriing" existing customers in good standing. It didn't even have the typical language about "subject to creditworthiness, etc...." In other words, it looked like more than a pre approval. Regardless of the Toyota offer, how does this look for us? We can pay $5K down also.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Razor_Poke
Established Member

Re: Chances?

Whoa, sorry about the spacing......I really did use paragraphs, not sure what happened.Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I'm thinking that you could get just about anything within reason!  Enjoy your new vehicle!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Razor_Poke wrote:

The Good: Wife and my scores hang around 690-710. The Great: No negatives or lates; 24 year credit history; 9 perfectly managed auto loans over that 24 years; $105K verifiiable solid history combined income The bad: High CC utilization (74%); DTI about 43% with NO current auto loan; 2 self closed CC's due to int rate hikes; paying as required however.

Wanting a new or late model used Toyota or Honda SUV in the $30K range. Current auto loan to be paid off in a couple months to Toyota. Got a letter a few days ago from Toyota wanting us to return for another finance. It didn't have a lot of details to it, but it implied that they were "favoriing" existing customers in good standing. It didn't even have the typical language about "subject to creditworthiness, etc...." In other words, it looked like more than a pre approval. Regardless of the Toyota offer, how does this look for us? We can pay $5K down also.

Looks pretty good. I would definitely see about getting your util. down in the 30% range, that could cost you some interest on the loan.

Other than that you should be just fine.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 5
Razor_Poke
Established Member

@LS2982 wrote:

@Razor_Poke wrote:

Looks pretty good. I would definitely see about getting your util. down in the 30% range, that could cost you some interest on the loan.

Other than that you should be just fine.

By "cost you some interest" do you mean like 5% or 0.25%?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.