Did you mean: 

Chase Pre-Qualified Auto Refinance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Pre-Qualified Auto Refinance

Got this email just now:

Dear XXX:

Because you're already a valued Chase customer, you've been selected to receive a special offer that may lower your monthly car payment and leave you with some extra cash each month.1 You're pre-qualified torefinance your car loan at a rate starting at 2.23%.2 This rate includes an exclusive discount for being a Chase checking customer,3 and is a limited-time offer. You must apply by 04/28/2015.

Obviously it says starting at 2.23.  Anyone gotten and applied for this.  What was your rate compared to what they advertised?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Pre-Qualified Auto Refinance

@Anonymous wrote:

Got this email just now:

Dear XXX:

Because you're already a valued Chase customer, you've been selected to receive a special offer that may lower your monthly car payment and leave you with some extra cash each month.1 You're pre-qualified torefinance your car loan at a rate starting at 2.23%.2 This rate includes an exclusive discount for being a Chase checking customer,3 and is a limited-time offer. You must apply by 04/28/2015.

Obviously it says starting at 2.23.  Anyone gotten and applied for this.  What was your rate compared to what they advertised?

I'm not too familiar with Chase emailing pre approval refi's. However I have heard of instances where Chase simply lowered the interest rate, and then sent a check for the interest difference.

I would definitely go for it if I were you. But you should call a number listed on your loan statement or chase website just to be safe.

Message 2 of 3
jim44
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Pre-Qualified Auto Refinance

@SamsungHDTV wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Got this email just now:

Dear XXX:

I'm not too familiar with Chase emailing pre approval refi's. However I have heard of instances where Chase simply lowered the interest rate, and then sent a check for the interest difference.

I would definitely go for it if I were you. But you should call a number listed on your loan statement or chase website just to be safe.

I agree, and what's even better if you can afford it, put that extra savings in interest each month back on the principal of the loan. That loan will be PIF a heck of a lot faster and you'll save even more $ in interest! 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.