cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Refinance Questions

Valued Member

Chase Refinance Questions

Just finished the rebuilding process.  I took a car loan out with Chase back in 2009.  My scores at that time were pretty low.  The loan is at a 18% rate and the maturity date is in August 2014.  At this time, I have about $8k left on the principle.

Of course I would like to refinance to get my payments down.  Ideally I would like to call up Chase and refinance keeping my original account date to keep up my AAoA.  Is this possible, or will it show up like a new loan?  If it shows up as a new loan, I will probably just go with my local bank as they gave me a 5.25% rate on my other car with lower scores than my current ones back in October.

Starting Score: Low to Mid 500's ---> (As of Aug. 2008) ?
Current Score: TransUnion: 754 Equifax: 771 Experian: 782 (All as of March 2012)
Goal Score: All 750+ by Dec 31,2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Refinance Questions

In most cases I believe that a refi, even with the same lender, would result in a new TL on your CR.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
Valued Member

That is what I was thinking.  I will probably call Chase just to make sure, but never hurts to ask to be sure.  I was planning on just paying this loan off a few months ago, but my wife and I have since found out we have our first child on the way, so I want to keep my savings with a healthy amount for upcoming unforeseeable expenses.

Starting Score: Low to Mid 500's ---> (As of Aug. 2008) ?
Current Score: TransUnion: 754 Equifax: 771 Experian: 782 (All as of March 2012)
Goal Score: All 750+ by Dec 31,2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Super Contributor

Yeah, since the payment terms ( 48, 60, months...etc ) , original loan balance and monthly payments report on the TL I'm pretty sure they will be opening a new TL when you refi.   And congrats on the good news !!  Your're smart to start saving now, diapers are crazy expensive...Cat Tongue

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 4