Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Rocks!

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Chase Rocks!

Hello all,

I bought a car with Chase in Nov. 2013. My rate was 4.94%. Last week, I received a letter from Chase stating that I had been eligible for a lower rate of 4.02%. They applied the new rate and sent me a refund check for $196.00 for the retroactive interest payments I have made. I was surprised and happy...lol.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Rocks!

How awesome is that? Your bank telling you hey here's a lower interest rate and a refund for the difference!

Apply that check to principle!

Message 2 of 15
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations! What a great way to have the lender appreciate you! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! 

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SamsungHDTV wrote:

How awesome is that? Your bank telling you hey here's a lower interest rate and a refund for the difference!

@SamsungHDTV,

That is certainly a nice surprise especially coming from a bank if you know what I mean..Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 15
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

That's interesting.  I have an auto loan with Chase.  It is 6 years at 3.41%.  I do an extra payment towards principal every month to cut the loan length in half but no lower rate for me Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 15
guydiver
Established Contributor

That's sweet!  Sure wish everyone did that.  Congrats. 

Message 7 of 15
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

Hello all,

I bought a car with Chase in Nov. 2013. My rate was 4.94%. Last week, I received a letter from Chase stating that I had been eligible for a lower rate of 4.02%. They applied the new rate and sent me a refund check for $196.00 for the retroactive interest payments I have made. I was surprised and happy...lol.

This seems suspicious because I got the exact same refund of $196 from them... also, they lowered my APR by around 1% too LOL

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 8 of 15
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SamsungHDTV wrote:

@SamsungHDTV,

That is certainly a nice surprise especially coming from a bank if you know what I mean..Smiley Tongue

@Anonymous

I know what you mean.. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.