Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chevy and Bad Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chevy and Bad Credit

How is GM with bad credit? Equifax 535, one 30 day auto baddie 4 years ago, clean auto since. Looking at Chevy Sonic, seem some huge discounts for small cars lately in general.  Roughly 4/k in neg equity in 08 KIa with Santander at 18%.  Got financed last year with Chrysler capital at 8.10% with 517 score and neg equity.. Looking for rate under 10%

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Re: Chevy and Bad Credit

EQ is your best score?

What's likely to happen is you'll get another sub prime lender approval.

You need to be in the 580's to get with GM, Ford, Chrysler, Hyundai, Capital One, DCU and others

Message 2 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Honestly, with that score things could be a bit difficult. You would get approval from someone, but the terms would not be favorable.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dj4Money wrote:

EQ is your best score?

What's likely to happen is you'll get another sub prime lender approval.

You need to be in the 580's to get with GM, Ford, Chrysler, Hyundai, Capital One, DCU and others

If you need to be in the 580's with Chrysler how did they approve me with 517 last year at 8.10%? Not trying to be rude, I appreciate the response. Hyundai I know is at least 580 as I struck out with them last year. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.