cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrysler financial: Who do they pull and what are the teirs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chrysler financial: Who do they pull and what are the teirs?

The girlfriend is looking at buying a new Jeep in a few months and I wanted to post to see if I could help her out with the financing part of it. What Bureau do they pull? We are in NC so anyone with experience in this area would be a great help. Also, does anyone know the score teirs they use to determine your rate and also which version of the score they use? Thanks in advance
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chrysler financial: Who do they pull and what are the teirs?

Anybody in the know on these guys?
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean Chrysler Capital? Who is Santander operating as a captive. Chrysler financial was absorbed by TD Bank and is now TD Auto Finance.

Jeep uses Ally for captive financing as well as Santander. Santander does business under Chrysler Capital when at a Chrysler Dodge Jeep store.

Santander doesn't really have tiers in my experience. They do risk based pricing (RBP)

Ally does RBP as well but has tiers of S,A,B,C,D and E.  S is best and E is worst. They place you in tier by the overall structure of the deal plus DTI, PTI and Fico score. You must have a 620 plus to be in prime (S,A,B,C tiers). Below 620 gets you subprime approvals at a rating of S to E with stips for income usually and a fee to dealer. Each tier has a range of APR's it's super complicated.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds awful and I'd rather jump in front of a train than deal with santander EVER AGAIN. Looks like the CU will be getting that business
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chrysler Capital and Santander both use the same scoring system internally...but when you are on a new vehicle Chrysler Capital scores completely differently and has a 5 tier ranking system. Tier 1 Rates at Chrysler Capital can be in the low 2%...with the right structure and advance. Santander on the other hand has 92 different scoring tiers and does have a full spectrum of rates anywhere from 3% to the State Max where you are located.  I work for a auto dealer group in finance and in my personal experience Chrysler Capital is a very competitve bank and offers some great things.  Also if you are in the market for a new Credit Card whenever they send you in to Chrysler Capital it will show a pre-approved offer for the Jeep Mastercard that you can use for accessories.  I hope this helps and all the bad reviews of Santander don't scare you away from giving Chrysler Capital a shot with your business.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chrysler Capital also uses Experian Auto Enhanced Score 8...if you have a higher bureau you can ask the finance manager to ask the underwriter to have them look at that bureau to possibly score better in their system...hope this helps.

Message 6 of 12
parkbuilder
Regular Contributor

Chrysler Capital does indeed pull Experian.

Starting Score: TU 649 EX 632 EQ 603(6/15)
Current Score: TU 664 EX 666 EQ 637 (9/15)
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm reading other threads that says EQ???

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

When a deal is submitted to Chrysler Capital they automatically run Experian 99% of the time...The finance manager has to call in and ask them to pull a differet bureau if there is a reason too, such as a large difference in score or more tradelines on another bureau.  They are willing to pull all three bureaus if they need to to be able to put a deal together and find out which bureau offers the best rate to the customer.

Message 9 of 12
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

They pulled EQ for me on my 2015 lease, had a 654 EQ 

Current Scores EQ 689| EX 688| TU 679
Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
GARDENING UNTIL APPING....
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.