Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citifinancial Auto

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citifinancial Auto

Hello!

Does anyone have any experience in dealing with Citifinancial Auto? I am thinking about surrending my car because I can no longer afford it. I would love to keep it but I am wondering if this is the kind of company that will work with you? Or am I better off turning the car back in and buying a beater? Any help would be great!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Re: Citifinancial Auto

I stupidly financed with CitiFinancial on a motorcycle 4 or 5 years ago.  I can't complain about the service they provided me, I just didn't know any better that this was a consumer finance account or whatever.  Other than the interest rate, the terms on my account were good.  I paid it off quickly and there was no early payoff fee.

I cannot tell you any more than that, as I never came into any trouble during the course of this loan, sorry.  My experience with them was good, but now that my scores are up and I have a history, I won't be using them again.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

DO NOT USE citifinancial auto- I am having a heck of a time with them.

Paid off my auto loan 3 years early. 2 months after paying them the payoff amount quoted by them and receiving a thank you for your payment in full letter-they came up w/ an additional amount I owed of 388.00. I disagreed and heard nothing for awhile- many months later i started getting hate mail/calls from them. Then it went away-i thought. now years later I find on my credit report- they have been reporting this negatively and have reported approx 8 repossesions! Repos reported after the car has been junked!!

This is due to fall off my credit this sept. i have called citi auto- they will not budge. they pulled my credit without my consent in march and it shows as a hard inquiry - I never talked to them about getting my credit report!!! This is killing my score and I am delaying buying a home because of this. Now it appears they reported it again -I am unsure now if it will comw off in sept now. It appears as if they are messing with me trying to force me to pay this amount since they now know how I desperatley need this off. if I pay now it will update for 7 more years! HELP anyone?

Message 3 of 8
lhova2000
New Contributor

They are horrible, run don't walk away from them!

EQ 782
TU 782
EX 785
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice! I already have an account with them though. It looks like I might have to surrender the car...

Message 5 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the advice! I already have an account with them though. It looks like I might have to surrender the car...

I'd rebudget, increase your income, and decrease your expenses and do whatever it takes to pay it. A repo will haunt you for the next 7 yrs.

Message 6 of 8
creditchild
Regular Contributor

hey 4runner, trust me take it from a person whos been there. you don't want a repo especially in

these days and times. sit down and try to figure out something. just when you think you don't need

your credit for anything boom! you need it. i mean just check this forum,theres hundreds of people

with credit issues. i don't know your financial situation,but give it your best effort to pay it.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the advice! I went ahead and paid my car note for this month but now I am short on paying my rent. It's either one or the other. I am hoping they can modfiy my loan next month. If not I will be forced to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Then I will buy a beater and drive it until the wheels fall off.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.