cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co-signer Chapter 7 but my Car repo attempt

tag
HANDYMANNYCANDOIT

Co-signer Chapter 7 but my Car repo attempt

Hi First time post... looking for some help or clarity...

My wife's mom declared bankruptcy about 5 months ago and we had a couple payments left to finish paying off the car. She did not include this car in her BK since we were almost done paying it off. We received a letter about a month after her BK that we still owed money but because the BK protected her there was no due dates and to just pay it as soon as possible. We had some other expenses so we did not send in the payment for a couple months and now they have said my wife is in default and they were attempting to repo the car. 

On my wife's credit report it shows on 2 of the 3 credit reports that the account is closed due to BK even tough my wife did not declare BK??? They were demanding payment or else repo which seems weird since they have not come for the car and they say they have been looking for it for about 3 weeks. I did not want to risk them taking the car so we went ahead and paid all the past due plus interest plus late fee's. However it does seem like something did not feel right. 

Why did it show a BK and closed on my wife's credit report? Is that an incorrect report that could be hurting her credit score? 

Otherwise if the car was included in someway then did we have to make that final payment??? 

Please advise. Thanks!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.