Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused.Need advice

tag
roastbeans
New Contributor

Confused.Need advice

I've had my new car(2013 Chrysler 200) for about 6 months now and looking to lower my monthly payment(currently $400) thru refinancing in few months(once I get credit score back up to over 700),but at the same time I am thinking of trading this car( Ido realize I am losing alot of money by doing this).So What should I do first? Should I refinance first and make a trade? or trade first and refinance? Or does it make any difference?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Confused.Need advice

If you are going to trade it (which IMO would be foolish) don't bother with the refi.  I STRONGLY suggest just refinancing it and keeping it.

Message 2 of 4
Poki
Valued Member

Will you even be able to trade in? (have enough paid off to owe less than trade in value). Chrysler's residue value isn't the best, and since you purchased it brand new? Your in a hard predicament. On top of that dealerships may not be all that "excited" about taking in a Chrysler - oh they will want the car, but not like a Honda.

Coming from someone that owns a '13 Chrysler 200 myself Smiley Happy

"Neither a Borrower Nor a Lender Be"
Message 3 of 4
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

I got my Chrysler used lol     Bought my wife a Dodge Journey R/T 2009 with 70k on it for about 15k in 2012.    Dealership had one for 31k and it was a 2013 the other day.   Made me feel good that mine had just as many bells and whistles and I did not have to travel the "upside down rodeo" with it.

Refinance imo.

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.