JustineJoy

Confused about Navy Federal (Approved for Credit Card, Denied for Auto Loan)

I just applied for a Navy Federal auto loan in the amount of $17,000. My credit is only 633 at the moment, so I wasn't expecting miracles- but I was at least expecting to be approved at high rate. I was denied.

After getting off the phone about the auto loan (just out of curiosity) I applied for a credit card, which I was approved for with a limit of $7,000.

I'm confused. Has anyone had this happen?

Starting Score: 571
Current Score: 618
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Yogieatsbooboo

Re: Confused about Navy Federal (Approved for Credit Card, Denied for Auto Loan)

They pull different bureaus for Credit Cards=TransUnion and Auto Loans=Equifax.

How similar are your reports and scores?
Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Confused about Navy Federal (Approved for Credit Card, Denied for Auto Loan)

They have been pulling EQ for me only for credit and loan lately... I wish they would pull TU!
Fico Scores: EQ 657 Cabelas, TU 662 Walmart, EX 699 Wells (07-27-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 40 Cards in between :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+