cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contemplating a new car

tag
nadia3542

Contemplating a new car

One  of our cars has been giving us problems, and we are contemplating getting a new one. I hate feeling insecure when dealing with the sales people however. I pulled a new report yesterday and myfico says the Auto 8 score is 672. What do you guys think? Should I be worried, should we just wait till the score rises before making any deals? I know the contributing factors ar the AAoA as we got a bunch of new credit last year ($76K CLs), so AAoA is about 3 yrs now and our util is 34%. Our income is over $300K annual. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

Re: Contemplating a new car

Call DCU and get a pre-approval. Easiest and best people to work with.  Once you know what you are approved for you can start shopping.  It takes so much pressure off of you knowing you just have to find the car and not really deal with all the sales tactics they use at the car lots.  You could also buy from a private person too.

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.