Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card Reporting

Hey guys!
Okay so I really need a new car ASAP. I'm waiting for my credit score to go up before I get one though. I only have one credit card (Capitol One), so this is what impacts my credit score the most. I had a really high balance on it, but I paid the whole thing off on August 22. My minimum credit card payment is due on the 8th of the month usually. It's now September 13th, and only my Experian score is reflecting the fact that my bill has been paid, and has gone up to a score of 703. Experian says that Capitol One reported my balance on September 11th. However, both Transunion and Equifax are still saying that my balance has not been paid yet, and both those scores are still 563. Eqiufax says that Capitol One has not reported my balance since August 1st, and Transunion says that Capitol One has not reported my balance since August 11th. Does anyone have any information that they could share with me regarding when Capitol one should be reporting to Transunion and Equifax? Can I request for Capitol One to report to them or no? (My FICO score is 677, if that matters). Sorry this is so long and possibly confusing, I'm just very desperate for a new car! Any help would be appreciated!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Card Reporting

Don't worry about it.  Give it a few days.  Waiting for all of the bureaus to update is ANNOYING!  The information is sent to the bureaus simultaneously, however waiting for myFICO to update is as fun as watching paint dry.  Usually within 5 or so days they're all in sync in my experience.  Of course YMMV.  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 3
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Card Reporting

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey guys!
Okay so I really need a new car ASAP. I'm waiting for my credit score to go up before I get one though. I only have one credit card (Capitol One), so this is what impacts my credit score the most. I had a really high balance on it, but I paid the whole thing off on August 22. My minimum credit card payment is due on the 8th of the month usually. It's now September 13th, and only my Experian score is reflecting the fact that my bill has been paid, and has gone up to a score of 703. Experian says that Capitol One reported my balance on September 11th. However, both Transunion and Equifax are still saying that my balance has not been paid yet, and both those scores are still 563. Eqiufax says that Capitol One has not reported my balance since August 1st, and Transunion says that Capitol One has not reported my balance since August 11th. Does anyone have any information that they could share with me regarding when Capitol one should be reporting to Transunion and Equifax? Can I request for Capitol One to report to them or no? (My FICO score is 677, if that matters). Sorry this is so long and possibly confusing, I'm just very desperate for a new car! Any help would be appreciated!

OP, we have moved your topic to Auto Loans, since your question is mainly dealing with that topic.   We have also removed your posts on the same topic across multiple forums; please note that our Forum TOS does not permit cross-posting of threads.

If you need to get a car but are concered that TU and EQ don't show the Cap One update, you can either (1) wait for them to update or (2) look for auto loans that specifically pull EX.   AFAIK, CCCs typically send out their reporting at the same time, but some CRAs will update more quickly than others.   For me, EX always updated almost immediately, EQ would take a couple days longer, and TU took up to a week longer.   I don't think you need to request mid-cycle reporting now, since it sounds like your statement date already ended and reporting was sent out.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.