cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Reporting On Joint Car Loans

tag
ivuj11

Credit Reporting On Joint Car Loans

My brother and I are looking to jointly purchase a "weekend car" of sorts to have in addition to our daily commuting cars. I assume that both of our credit reports will get pulled for the application process. More importantly however, will the bank who issues the "joint loan" report on time monthly payments made to both of our credit reports? if so, is this the standard practice or does it vary by bank? Again, this will be a joint loan application not a co-signing scenario.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Reporting On Joint Car Loans

@ivuj11 wrote:

My brother and I are looking to jointly purchase a "weekend car" of sorts to have in addition to our daily commuting cars. I assume that both of our credit reports will get pulled for the application process. More importantly however, will the bank who issues the "joint loan" report on time monthly payments made to both of our credit reports? if so, is this the standard practice or does it vary by bank? Again, this will be a joint loan application not a co-signing scenario.

Yes all joint applicants credit reports will be considered on a joint application.

If the lending institution reports to the credit bureau's it will be reported on all joint applicants.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@ivuj11 wrote:

Actually, a joint loan is a co-signed loan. In both instances both parties are responsible for repayment. The reporting to the CRA's depends upon the lender. If the lender reports, then both of you will have the loan on your report. Your credit report ought to reflect the fact that the loan is "joint".

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both of your CR will report it as joint loan and so anything related to that loan will be reflected on our both of yous reports.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.