Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Union denial today

tag
Aramos
New Contributor

Credit Union denial today

So I have been wanting to purchase a jeep wrangler and was somewhat exited today to go look at them and possibly purchase one. I went to a couple of CU first to find out rated and payments an such. Well, based of MyFICO 3B monthly monitoring my scores were EQ: 635, TU: 599, and EX: 617.

Went to one credit union that pulls EQ and was told with that score on a $30,000 loan interest would be 11.75 and payments at $569. Next one told me they pull EX and that with my score I should be at 10.75 interest and about $466 a month. Last one pulled EQ again, and was told with that score, 6.75 interest but payment would be 507 a month.

Naturally I wanted the lower payments, so I went to the second one, but after trying to get pre-approved before membership my score was pulled from EX and it came back 560. That's a 57 point difference.

Needless to say in somewhat disheartened and not sure if I should keep trying to apply with a CU that pulls EQ, going to a dealer and just have them pull everything. Or not get a vehicle now. Still highly upset that I'm paying $20 a month for a service that is that far from being accurate..
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Union denial today

There are lots of info on here that tells you that the fico dealerships use are the auto enhanced scores and unfortunately you cannot purchase them. You may try to see if they will use the Fico 08 score.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 3
Aramos
New Contributor

Re: Credit Union denial today

Well, went to another that pulled EQ, and they pulled 645. that qualifies me for their 6.25% rate. So I am happy there, now for my father to refinance his car to just himself since it turns out my DTI is too high since I'm on his car loan. Then I should be good hopefully.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.