Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Union financing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Union financing

I have gone to my credit union for financing for a vehicle. The dealer is selling it for less than the value, approximately $4000 less. My score is 653 and all of my current accounts are paid and on time. I do have two older accounts that i'm working trying to delete from my report as with them on the report, the loan officer said puts me in a high risk tier. The amounts are very small, total $565. so I can just pay them and try to negotiate for them to delete them. She's saying if I get those two items removed, she will have no problem with approving me herself. Being in the high risk tier, I will have to be approved by an underwriter. I don't have any prior auto loans, my DTI would be at roughly 36%, what else would an underwriter look for? Any help appreciated..

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Union financing

Your situation as I understand it, is not all that bad or uncommon. A good down payment (20%) would pretty much seal the deal for you. You may also look at larger, national credit unions like DCU and PenFed as they do a lot of business in the car loan sector and would probably not even bat an eye at your situatiuon. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.