Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit advice needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit advice needed

I'm looking to get an auto loan in the near future. My current myfico is 660. I have one negative acct on my report. It's a collection for 1000 from 2012 that was reported 8 months ago. That's the only derogatory and I have 4 years of ontime auto payments. I am currently at 39% utilization on my ccs. My question is what would give me the biggest bump....getting a pfd on the collection or paying my utilization down to 10%? Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: Credit advice needed

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm looking to get an auto loan in the near future. My current myfico is 660. I have one negative acct on my report. It's a collection for 1000 from 2012 that was reported 8 months ago. That's the only derogatory and I have 4 years of ontime auto payments. I am currently at 39% utilization on my ccs. My question is what would give me the biggest bump....getting a pfd on the collection or paying my utilization down to 10%? Thanks in advance.

Its very hard to tell which will give you the biggest bump. Nobody knows the credit formula. However, in my opinion I think if you are able to PFD the collection would be best.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.