Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit union headache!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit union headache!

My fiancé and I were trying to be responsible adults and got pre approved at our credit union (with a great APR because we've been working on our finances and credit scores!) for a used car loan. Tomorrow we were supposed to go to look at a few cars and potentially buy one of them. We both completely forgot that we needed to make an appointment to do the finalizing on our loan after we pick the car we want. So now of course it's a holiday weekend and the credit union is booked for appointments until Wednesday morning! Which means I have to take time off work to go to the appointment AND we can't get the car until Wednesday. Or later because my partner works opposite shift and it's a joint loan. We have also had issues just getting pre-approved at the CU but that wasn't our fault or the CU, but the loan officers who failed to put our information in correctly, told us it was approved but never emailed us the pre-approval letter. When I went into the CU to get it another loan officer apologized and actually submitted it for us, then printed it off for me. We are so done with this process. At this point I am almost tempted to just go with dealer financing! Would you stay with the CU or see what the dealer has to offer? I really need a reliable car!
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.