cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Credit Approval Tiers for Captive Lenders?

tag
dhrren
Valued Member

Current Credit Approval Tiers for Captive Lenders?

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to buy a new truck and am wondering if the experts of the forums can chime in.

What are the current Credit Approval Tiers for Captive lenders currently?   (I will look into CU/Bank, etc as well)

Looking for Chrysler/Ram Truck, GMC, Ford, Nissan, Toyota, Honda

Example I am looking for:

Infiniti Tier 1 = 680-720,  Tier 2 = 650-679, etc

Thank you in adance.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
dhrren
Valued Member

Re: Current Credit Approval Tiers for Captive Lenders?

Anyone?  Please Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 25
sadiespapa
New Contributor

I second this. I keep trying to find information along these lines here, and elsewhere on the internet. 

JUL 2015 FICO: EX 705 | EQ 694 | TU 692
APR 2014 FICO: EX 651 | EQ 635 | TU 671
DEC 2013 FICO: EX 628 | EQ 559 | TU 655
Message 3 of 25
Remember0
Valued Contributor

So the reason nobody has posted is because it's not explicit and it's held pretty closely by dealers and captives. I'll see if I can find something and post more details. If someone had a list like the OP requested and posted that, pretty sure it would have been stickied. Smiley Wink Generally, Tier 1 is 680+ for a lot of captives (except like ally and chrysler, I think)...but that's not standardized in any way.

Message 4 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

As far as I know these are pretty close:

Toyota Tier 3 = 650+ and that will get you the special rates!

Nissan Tier 3 is around 620+ I believe and that will usually get you special rates (they use to be known to dip all the way into 600 to push a sale through!

Infiniti I have found very easy going! (I bought before the bubble with 640 on tier 1, leased in 2013 tier 1 with 668 tu their pull)

Ford will go pretty low but not sure what the tiers are

Chrysler will probably go lowest, they have the restart program or whatever it's called but they can run you into the 18+% easily, not sure tiers to get the 0% stuff.

Message 5 of 25
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Tiers change from time to time. My suggestion is to call a dealer of the brand you wish, from a pay phone, not your cell or home phone. Then ask the credit manager what "ranges" you need to be in. They will tell give you the indicators. Good Luck!

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 6 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@bettercreditguy1 wrote:

Tiers change from time to time. My suggestion is to call a dealer of the brand you wish, from a pay phone, not your cell or home phone. Then ask the credit manager what "ranges" you need to be in. They will tell give you the indicators. Good Luck!

But most will push a deal so don't get stuck on seating advertisements say tier 1+ for advertised specials being 730+ and blah blah!!

Message 7 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@bettercreditguy1 wrote:

But most will push a deal so don't get stuck on seating advertisements say tier 1+ for advertised specials being 730+ and blah blah!!

Pay phone? Where do you live with pay phones? Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 25
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Haha, so in the city I spend ~50% of my time, there actually are working pay phones lol.

Regardless, sign up for a google voice number before you car shop and call THROUGH that number (dial your google number, log in with your pin, hit 2 to dial out). Same goal accomplished!

And once you're done car shopping, you can just set your google phone to not forward calls so dealers won't keep bugging you.

Message 9 of 25
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

One of the most recent places I saw a pay telephone was the airport. AS for Tiers and ranges, I agree, don't get caught up in them. Your focus should be to get the lowest possible price and have financing in place before you head for the dealer. Dealers can manipulate numbers to appear you are getting a great financing deal when you are'nt. If

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.