cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current info on Honda/Hyundai approvals?

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Current info on Honda/Hyundai approvals?

we would like to get a new honda, as our 2004 civic now has over 150,000 miles on it.  we are thinking about maybe a cr-v or a santa fe.  we aren't going car shopping tomorrow or anything, but maybe in december or january, so we have time to save more for a down payment.  we don't really WANT a new car payment, it's been so nice not having one, but if we are going to have one, we would at least like a low one!  Smiley Very Happy

scores are from 8/15:  TU 715, EQ 696.  nothing negative except a 60 day late in march 2008.  util right now is about 22%.  one completely paid off auto loan financed through capital one, final payment in august 2009.  interest rate was about 10% (parents' credit wasn't so great, they cosigned).

i don't know anything about honda's finance tiers, or really anything about buying a car, as i have never bought one before.  we could really use all the current information possible about honda or hyundai, & our chances with them for a good rate.  please help!  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Current info on Honda/Hyundai approvals?

These days most of the car companies are offering the special APR' on Tier 1-3 which is 680 or better and some places like Toyota a 650 or better qualifies.  Looks like you have over that right now so you should be fine come time if you are even less in debt and have a down payment

Message 2 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

Updated Info

new scores are TU 722 & EQ 720.  probably going to go with the santa fe.  still think 0% would be possible?  on the hyundai website it didn't seem like they were offering it anymore, or at least for right now.  don't wanna shop around for interest rates if we don't have to.  it would either be through hyundai, our CU (which i don't care for), or possibly navy fed, when they finally move us over.

Message 3 of 6
mross1080
Established Contributor

Re: Updated Info

I think you have a great shot at being approved for whatever the best rate is at the time you apply. To add my 2 cents in. I owned 2 Santa Fe's first one I bought new in 01. Had many issues with it was in and out of dealer about a dozen times. Finally traded it in for a civic a year and a half later. Couple of years later my new significant other at the time bought one right before I met her thus becoming mine. Had several different issues with that one. Not as bad as the first but not fun. AC never worked right, electrical issues, etc. Ended up trading that one in for a sentra. The second one was an 05. I have owned many many many cars in my life. ( I get bored with cars pretty quickly). I have never had so many problems then with the santa fe's. I even had an accent as my first new car (never any problems with that). After looking at the prices of a new santa fe I think you could get much more of a car and a car with a higher resale value if you look around. There's some great deals around now and if your good with a 2010 instead of a 2011 you could get big saving.

Message 4 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

@mross1080 wrote:

After looking at the prices of a new santa fe I think you could get much more of a car and a car with a higher resale value if you look around. There's some great deals around now and if your good with a 2010 instead of a 2011 you could get big saving.

thanks for your input!  what kind of vehicles are you talking about?  we don't mind a 2010 at all, that's actually what we have been looking at.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
mross1080
Established Contributor

Not sure on the deals on hondas but an ex girlfriend of mine had a crv and it was a great little suv. IMO the best deal on a small suv is what I hust bought a couple of weeks ago for my wife(little for me too). 2010 Infiniti EX35. sticker was 42k had about all options you could get. Got it for 33k plus taxes and got the promo finance rate. I went for 3.9 for 72 months but you can go for 1.9 for 60 or 0 for 36. I looked at every smaller suv and this was the best deal by far. And it has a better warranty than honda. Fuel economy isnt as good as the honda but it get around 20mpg. If your interested ill message you the site where you can get great deals on any car without haggling.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.