Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom order car

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom order car

Hi -

I started shopping for a car 2 weeks ago and finally found a dealer who agreed on the pricing. The car is a factory order custom build and I filled in all the forms sent from the dealership. These forms are Credit Application, Partial Payment Form, and Credit Card Authorization Form. This was done on Saturday, but the dealership hasn't sent me back the build sheet or confirmation yet. Also, the credit card deposit of $3,000.00 still hasn't been posted. I spoke to my SA who said he's been busy and was going to take care of it yesterday, but nothing came about. I sent another email this morning, but no response yet.

Is it a normal practice for them to wait this long to put in order? Should I be a bit concern about the delay? Please chime in if you have a related experience or know how this custom build order process works.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Custom order car

Depends on a ton of factors but the biggest is if they have an actual allocation.  Taking an order and establishing the intent to order is not the same as the dealer having an actual factory allocation/build date for the car.  Depends on the manufactuer and the model of car as to how long is normal.  It would be best to ask the dealer about the process and if they have an allocation etc.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.