cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Auto Loan App Online..Is this normal....

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

DCU Auto Loan App Online..Is this normal....

I just applied online for a DCU auto loan and pressed submit and the next screen was a loan officer will contact me shortly.  

Does this mean declined or did I get that message because it is Sunday ?

Thank you!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Re: DCU Auto Loan App Online..Is this normal....

Oh and my Fico 5 is 671 

Fico auto 5 636

If they use Fico 5 which I think they do...with a 671 do you think I will get a good APR ?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will get a decent APR.  685 gets you the best APR with them but I believe you will hit the teir just below that and you can always refinanace it with them if you improve your score to benefit from the better rate.  The screen you got just means you didn't get an auto approval.  Call in tomorrow and ask to talk to a loan agent and they will be able to walk you through it and get it handled pretty quickly for you.  I got the same thing after getting an instant approval on my car and then submitting an app to redo my motorcycle and a 5 minute phone call got me approved, but not at the best rate which I learned comes at the 700 mark and will be what I am shooting for to take my motorcycle over to them as well.

Message 3 of 5
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Normally a good sign. They likely just want to verify a few details with you. Most lenders don't care to call or reach out if you've been declined.

So, view it as a good thing.

Message 4 of 5
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

DCU does not strictly use score as the determinign factor on whether they will fund you.  In fact, for DCU, score has more to do with your rate.

So, if you have mostly undocumented income, they MAY deny you despite a fair scpore.  Or, if you have prior charge offs or repossesions, they MAY deny you despite a fair score.  You will have the opportunity to speak with a loan officer.   

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.