Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Auto Loan Process after approval?

tag
dhrren
Valued Member

DCU Auto Loan Process after approval?

Hi everyone, I have searched but don't see my exact answer. I am in the peocess of getting an auto loan approval with DCU. What happens in the DCU Auto Loan Process after approval? I am in Utah but buying a truck a few hundred miles away in Boise. How does this all work? I am stressing a bit. Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Smooth954
Regular Contributor

Re: DCU Auto Loan Process after approval?

Open a checking are savings account are both to become a member. They pull EQ and check chexsystems you will most likely have to make a one time donation to the charity that they affiliate with to join since you live outside of their branch areas but it like 15$ are something like that and only one time.

Myfico (7/16/14): EQ:736, EX:678(Prosper 7/16/14), TU:691(5/29/14)
Wallet:

Message 2 of 8
dhrren
Valued Member

Thanks for the info but my question referred to the Auto Loan Process. Ive already done the membership stuff.
Message 3 of 8
DevotionToU
Regular Contributor

Once you're approved it will tell you that all they need is the purchase order and confirmation of sale.  You can then go to the dealership and have them fax the purchase order to DCU with ATTN: your loan#.  After that is done, you will call DCU's loan dept back and have them issue the check.  They will overnight or 2day mail, you sign and deliver it to the dealership.

$18000 Discover IT / $6000 Chase Freedom / $5000 DCU Visa / $3900 Fifth Third / $2500 Capital One Quicksilver / $2000 AMEX Blue Cash Everyday / $500 Chase Slate
Message 4 of 8
dhrren
Valued Member

Thanks DevotionToU.  So since the dealership is 300 miles away do you have any thoughts on how to make this so I don't have to travel 600 miles round trip twice?

Message 5 of 8
DevotionToU
Regular Contributor

@dhrren wrote:

Thanks DevotionToU.  So since the dealership is 300 miles away do you have any thoughts on how to make this so I don't have to travel 600 miles round trip twice?

You could call DCU and ask them what you can do.  Not sure if they will send you the check without getting the purchase order from the dealership, which you would need to sign.

$18000 Discover IT / $6000 Chase Freedom / $5000 DCU Visa / $3900 Fifth Third / $2500 Capital One Quicksilver / $2000 AMEX Blue Cash Everyday / $500 Chase Slate
Message 6 of 8
Simply827
Established Contributor

I financed with DCU and had a bit of an issue at the dealership. DCU didn't want to send any kind of acknowledgement stating that they would be sending a check to the dealer. In fact, they only send the check to you, not the dealer. In my case, the dealer ended up running my credit to verify my identity so that I could take the car that day.

In your situation, you might have to go twice since you have to buy the car in person, and then go again to drop off the check. 

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 7 of 8
goldengopher1991
Contributor

@DevotionToU wrote:

@dhrren wrote:

You could call DCU and ask them what you can do.  Not sure if they will send you the check without getting the purchase order from the dealership, which you would need to sign.

+1 here. I called today and asked the same thing, they will only send the check to your home and not to the dealer. Well I guess it's okay to mail the check to the dealers address as well right? And yes, they won't send the check without the purchase agreement faxed to them before hand.

Discover IT - $10,000 | Chase Freedom - $2,200 | United MileagePlus Explorer - $5,000 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select - $4,000
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.