Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Auto Loan Question

tag
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

DCU Auto Loan Question

I have been helping my daughter build her credit. Its looking pretty good. She applied for a small auto loan with DCU & thyey want last paystub & 3 months of emplyoment verifacation. She has worked at Target for almost 2 years. How does she show that? It only ask for 1 paystub. Does she need a letter from work saying how long she has been there?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: DCU Auto Loan Question

She can provide the latest paystub and her W-2 from 2013

Message 2 of 5
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

So she was approved for 1.9 % car has to be 12 years or newer. I forgot to ask whats the max they will approve on miles on a car? The one she wants had 130k anyone know what's the max they will approve?
Message 3 of 5
socal88

Well considering they're willing to go 12 years old I'm sure the car she's looking at will be OK. Check with the finance company to be sure. Most loans I've seen were 6years or newer/100k miles or less.
Message 4 of 5
Ragelog
Established Contributor

Check with DCU on the mileage portion. Also on the 12 years part I think that is how old the vehicle can be at payoff so if you finance a 2012 for 6 years it would be 8 years old at payoff so that works. However if you finance say a 2004 vehicle it would be 12 years old in 2016 so I believe they limit the max term to reflect that. 

I just refinanced with DCU and they were easy to work with my old lienholder hasn't receive the check but it's only been 1 day so unless everything they have told me is a lie it was very smooth. They will answer all these over the phone or possibly via online chat only complaint is sometimes it can take awhile to get someone on the phone. However they usually are helpful and speak understandable english.

EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.