Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Auto Refinance

tag
dabolts_619
Regular Contributor

Re: DCU Auto Refinance

I think the Direct deposit is mandatory for the 1.49 rate.
Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Roger that. So the only question I have no is can you refinance under your business with them instead of personal? i don't think it should be that big of a deal?

Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump. Raising this old thread in hopes of getting some more answers Smiley Happy The time is nearing to apply for DCU. I can't take this 8% anymore :/ This forum has spoiled me. Lol.

Message 23 of 31
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

I'm not sure if you can refinance under your business, but I'm sure a call and they will tell you!
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

K, i replied back to the other original thread I opened. Problem is the business makes more than the personal by far.

Message 25 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Stoney,

Please refrain from posting similar comments/questions on everal threads.  I have removed the other posts and allowed your newest thread to remain open.

Thank you.

~Lexie, myFICO Moderator 

Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@09Lexie wrote:

Stoney,

Please refrain from posting similar comments/questions on everal threads.  I have removed the other posts and allowed your newest thread to remain open.

Thank you.

~Lexie, myFICO Moderator 

Sorry about that Lexie!

Message 27 of 31
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Has anyone been able to answer the question about Direct Deposit to get the 1.49 rate, do you need have a certain minimum amount to qualify or does it need to be a full deposit?

Message 28 of 31
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@joedtx wrote:

Has anyone been able to answer the question about Direct Deposit to get the 1.49 rate, do you need have a certain minimum amount to qualify or does it need to be a full deposit?

In my case, about 75% of my wife's check (US Gov employee) is direct deposited to DCU every 2 weeks. I am paid once a month on the last business day of the month and my check is NOT direct deposited to DCU at this time - although it might be in the future should I get fed up with my local bank. There are 3 parts to "relationship banking" with DCU, 1=cking or saving account, 2=electronic statements, 3=direct deposit (note a loan of some type can also count).

It's really pretty easy to qualify for the .5% discount through DCU - their CSR's are very good at least with me. Oh and as a note on their CC's, after joining and before taking any loans, I applied for their CC, denied for some BS reason (inquiries, too many accounts, whatever). A month later I "pre-qualified" for a used car loan and told them I had a car in mind and a price range of $18k, but did not have a specific car yet but would be shopping within the next 30 days.  Was easily approved for the $18k, bought a car 2-3 weeks later for $15,990, then reapplied for the CC and quickly approved for a $7k CL.

Car loan 1.49%, CC rate 10.5% which I'll get reduced to 8.50% after 6 months (they have shown a history of reducing CC APR's after some "experiece") Note this was all in late 2014 (purchaed car 12.31.14) - CC was approved after I pre-qualified for the car loan and before I actually bought the car. 

Message 29 of 31
Bman70
Established Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

@joedtx wrote:

In my case, about 75% of my wife's check (US Gov employee) is direct deposited to DCU every 2 weeks. I am paid once a month on the last business day of the month and my check is NOT direct deposited to DCU at this time - although it might be in the future should I get fed up with my local bank. There are 3 parts to "relationship banking" with DCU, 1=cking or saving account, 2=electronic statements, 3=direct deposit (note a loan of some type can also count).

It's really pretty easy to qualify for the .5% discount through DCU - their CSR's are very good at least with me. Oh and as a note on their CC's, after joining and before taking any loans, I applied for their CC, denied for some BS reason (inquiries, too many accounts, whatever). A month later I "pre-qualified" for a used car loan and told them I had a car in mind and a price range of $18k, but did not have a specific car yet but would be shopping within the next 30 days.  Was easily approved for the $18k, bought a car 2-3 weeks later for $15,990, then reapplied for the CC and quickly approved for a $7k CL.

Car loan 1.49%, CC rate 10.5% which I'll get reduced to 8.50% after 6 months (they have shown a history of reducing CC APR's after some "experiece") Note this was all in late 2014 (purchaed car 12.31.14) - CC was approved after I pre-qualified for the car loan and before I actually bought the car. 

How do you DD 75% paycheck? The government won't split it up so you're doing a ACH automated to DCU? 

Should we start a new thread on people's direct deposit experiences? That's the part I'm still unclear about with DCU. 

Edited because forum doesn't work with iPad

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.