Frequent Contributor

DCU CHANCES @ GOOD RATE ?

I have a 631 what are my chances of getting a good intrest rate with dcu
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DCU CHANCES @ GOOD RATE ?

With a direct debit from your account, the rates they recently quoted me with a EQ Auto FICO:

1.74%   730 +

1.99%   700

2.49%   675

You'd need to get your EQ Auto score and then call them to ask.

Message 2 of 9
bsal
Frequent Contributor

They don't use auto score they use common use mortgage score my eq auto score is 775
Message 3 of 9
nycplayboy78
Regular Contributor

@bsal wrote:
They don't use auto score they use common use mortgage score my eq auto score is 775

What the Hell is that? Common Use Mortgage Score??!!

EX08 801 EQ08 812 TU08 805 Total Credit Line: $100K+
Message 4 of 9
bsal
Frequent Contributor

You have an auto fico score, a mortgage fico score and that's what they use mine is 631
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently refinanced with them. Got 2.99% with a 667 score. Opening a checking account with them and having direct deposit will drop that .5% and making one time payments for 3 months will take it down another .25%. They will do that for at least another .5% reduction in rate. Overall not a bad deal for not that great a credit score

Message 6 of 9
bsal
Frequent Contributor

Well yea your score of 667 is way better than my 631. What I don't understand is all my other fico scores are going up but my fico mortgage score is not budging it's fustrating
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I realize mine is a little higher, but I would still look into joining DCU, or another credit union if there is a good local one for you. Even without a terrific score, they may be able to get you a better rate.
My original loan was through Capital One Auto with a 7.99% rate. DCU begin able to cut that to less than half with about the same score was great.

Message 8 of 9
bsal
Frequent Contributor

Well carmax offered me 5.2% for 66 months but they didn't use my commonly used mortgage score. They uses most widely used version witch was 674
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.