Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU-Denied :(

tag
kenspi67
Valued Member

DCU-Denied :(

This bank is like my nemisis .. Been rejected 2 times this year ..lol .. However, this time I came guns loaded .. Nope, sorry, no refinance for you pal .. They pulled my EQ FICO 5 @ 714 Points .. Reason for denial 4 new accounts, late payment from previous auto loan that was 38 months ago .. 3 years n some change, and still busting my chops .. Also said my current loan is too new to refinace, they wanna see atleast a year on that loan .. Damm .. Anyone have any suggs PENFEd? NFCU? Capital One? What do they normally pull?

April 2015:
Exp:589 | Trans:587 | Equ:587
Present:
Exp:774 | Trans:805 | Equ:780

Garden Date:04/02/2016
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DCU-Denied :(

@kenspi67 wrote:

@this bank is like my nemisis .. Been rejected 2 times this year ..lol .. However, this time I came guns loaded .. Nope, sorry, no refinance for you pal .. They pulled my EQ FICO 5 @ 714 Points .. Reason for denial 4 new accounts, late payment from previous auto loan that was 38 months ago .. 3 years n some change, and still busting my chops .. Also said my current loan is too new to refinace, they wanna see atleast a year on that loan .. Damm .. Anyone have any suggs PENFEd? NFCU? Capital One? What do they normally pull?

Sorry it didn't work out for you. But super-big thanks for posting the feedback here. I was thinking about refi'ing DH's car with them but it's just 3 months old. Guess not! 

Message 2 of 13
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@kenspi67 wrote:

@this bank is like my nemisis .. Been rejected 2 times this year ..lol .. However, this time I came guns loaded .. Nope, sorry, no refinance for you pal .. They pulled my EQ FICO 5 @ 714 Points .. Reason for denial 4 new accounts, late payment from previous auto loan that was 38 months ago .. 3 years n some change, and still busting my chops .. Also said my current loan is too new to refinace, they wanna see atleast a year on that loan .. Damm .. Anyone have any suggs PENFEd? NFCU? Capital One? What do they normally pull?

@Anonymous's so weird, I had 10 new accounts open in the previous month and they approved me for a $50k loan @ 2.24%. I think it's your recent derog that they are not liking.

PenFed pulls EQ also. CapOne will pull all three.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 3 of 13
kenspi67
Valued Member

@tonyjones wrote:

@kenspi67 wrote:

@Anonymous's so weird, I had 10 new accounts open in the previous month and they approved me for a $50k loan @ 2.24%. I think it's your recent derog that they are not liking.

yup .. that derog was the back breaker .. he mentioned it a few times too .. i said, my last payment was 39 months ago, and that loan was paid off n in good standing .. no dice .. 

April 2015:
Exp:589 | Trans:587 | Equ:587
Present:
Exp:774 | Trans:805 | Equ:780

Garden Date:04/02/2016
Message 4 of 13
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@kenspi67 wrote:

@tonyjones wrote:

@kenspi67 wrote:

yup .. that derog was the back breaker .. he mentioned it a few times too .. i said, my last payment was 39 months ago, and that loan was paid off n in good standing .. no dice .. 

Once they fall off you will be good to go, have you tried doing GW letters to get them removed? I was even approved with 6 derogs, but they are falling off early next year and paid.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I have some CO's from about 7 months ago. I guess it's gonna be Cap One for me next year. Looks like no chance with DCU.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this a DCU loan your trying to refi?  If the LTV is ok and your DTI is ok then I am sure NFCU and Penfed are options, if you can get into NFCU I would probably go with them.  They don't seem to concerned about old lates, they approved my loan with some year old lates.

Message 7 of 13
txbusted
Contributor

Yup looks like I will be passing on DCU for pre-approval. I have a student loan default from 2014. It's been rehabbed but those late payments are still showing. Good to know ahead of time. Thanks for the heads up. 

myFICO's : EQ: 643 // TU: 635// EXP:645

WALLET: Victoria Secret $650 | Simply Be $850 | BOA Cash Rewards $300 I Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $4k |Chase Freedom $2.2k l Full Beauty $450 l Woman Within $450 l Wayfair $1.2k l Citi Double Cash $700 l Game Stop $300l Overstock $1K l Lane Bryant $300 l Ulta $750 l Walmart $700 l Target Red $1k
Amazon Chase $1k l Kohls $300
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

If DCU declined to extend credit, i wouldnt bother with Penfed.  Try Navyfed though.

Message 9 of 13
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

Penfed is always a good shot, I know previous poster says don't bother. I just refi's and DCU approved at 4.99 while penfed gave me 2.74 for 72 months. DCU also had me jump through hoops(until they said 4.99%) while penfed didn't.

FICO 12/2015 - EX 692 TU 685

FICO 10/2021 - EX 596 TU 605 EQ 600 - officially rebuilding.

What survived:
Amex HH - 1.5K | Amex Delta - 1K | Amex Bonvoy - 1.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex Business Cash- 2K | Amex Business Plus - 2K
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.