Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU HardPull Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU HardPull Questions

Hello all,

Just a quick question. I am interested in applying for DCU however I am heavily concerned of their hard pulls. I saw an old post a while back here stating that it dropped her credit by 41points. Can anyone confirm this ? I am currently interested in applying with them but would hate to see my credit drop heavily because of their hard pulls.

Thanks. Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: DCU HardPull Questions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

Just a quick question. I am interested in applying for DCU however I am heavily concerned of their hard pulls. I saw an old post a while back here stating that it dropped her credit by 41points. Can anyone confirm this ? I am currently interested in applying with them but would hate to see my credit drop heavily because of their hard pulls.

Thanks. Smiley Wink

I'd be surprised if a single inquiry dropped a FICO score 41 points, inquiry damage should be much less than that.   Also your score wouldn't reflect the score hit until after they pulled your reports / FICO score, so the effect wouldn't be seen by them anyway.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! I figured just wanted to ask as I am a newbie at this. I am looking at possibly applying with them in  Mid September as they will not be the only ones I will be applying for and wish to do it within a week period so I can count them all as one hit. Thanks!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied for a savings account with them and according to Myfico becuase of their SPECIFIC inquiry my credit dropped 56 points. Huge mistake make on my part just for a higher interest rate on the first $500

Message 4 of 10
Ragelog
Established Contributor

My Fico score went up by 1 when myfico.com reported the inquiries from DCU. 41 point drop is something else posting around the same time.

EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 5 of 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just applied for a savings account with them and according to Myfico becuase of their SPECIFIC inquiry my credit dropped 56 points. Huge mistake make on my part just for a higher interest rate on the first $500

Something else must have changed, like utilization, CC balances....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 10
Bluedog23
Regular Contributor

You may want to take a look at the forum "understanding Fico scoring". It may help ( or not) you understand some of the intricacies of Fico scoring. It can be bizarre. Can't really compare what happens from one person to another. For me I started the car shopping with 770 EQ FICO. Took two pulls from DCU and then the opening of new car loan. Only dropped to 756. Hopefully that will rebound soon as I now have an installment loan whereas before I had none. If it does, great, if not, I can live with it. You can't really know what will happen until you try, unfortunately.

EX 805 FICO, EQ Fico 762; TU. 768Discover)
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I definitly have to look into a little further, have a new account but didnt seem to report yet and the score itself shows as a decrease becuase of the inquiry.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had multiple new accounts, including 2 from DCU (credit card auto loan). Also, multiple new inquiries. My EQ score dropped 11 points , EX not at all and the same for TU. Guess it varies person to person but I can't see how you'd lose 40+ points. I'd be pissed!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No Lates or Negs at all either

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.