Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU auto loan and DD questions

tag
Remember0
Valued Contributor

Re: DCU auto loan and DD questions

Just don't tell them anything about the 50-50. They won't be any wiser. Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 15
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

Will do that and wait to see what happens. I just also found out that there is a $5 charge for outgoing transfers (to other banks) from DCU so transferring to my other bank would not be an option. Thanks for your inputs!

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 12 of 15
Remember0
Valued Contributor

See if your bank can't initiate the transfer from DCU. Then DCU wouldn't charge a fee. Or you could just deposit a check to your bank from the DCU account.

That said, if it's simpler for you to just do 50-50, go for it! DCU won;t know any better. Heck they won't know even if you did 80-20, since there's no minimum DD at DCU as far as I know.

Message 13 of 15
Rackham94
Established Contributor

My auto payment is due with my old institution in two days. DCU said when I sent in the signed loan agreement they would send them a check and to not worry about my next payment with them.

Is that accurate can anyone confirm how long it takes from the day you are approved and sent in membership info and pay off quote to them until they send the payoff.

Message 14 of 15
Remember0
Valued Contributor

As long as your payoff quote is valid.

It's wise to call the lender and tell them. Technically, they CAN repo after even one day late even though they want.

It's a tough call. On one hand, if you like being super safe, pay the payment (you should be able to get refunded). But if the payoff quote is still valid, I'd just call them and tell them hey, refi'ed the loan, you should be getting DCU's check. Just wanted to let you guys know because I was worried about the due date. Doubt you'll have ANY problems if you do that.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.