Not applicable

Re: DCU instant approval refi

congrats! 

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Dumb question time - I've looked into DCU before and I can't seem to figure this out. Everyone says "anyone can join DCU" but what exactly is the "in" that qualifies you? With SDFCU for example, their "in" is joining ACC. So what exactly is the "in" with DCU?

@Anonymous wrote:

After reading positive reviews both here and in my googling I decided to give Digital Credit Union a shot.  I knew I wanted to refinance my BMW as when I purchased it my credit wasn't great as it was before I discovered this forum.  So, I went threw the membership stuff earlier today and made my $10 donation.  I received my confirmation a few minutes ago that my membership was approved and decided to go ahead and apply for the Refi on my car to see what they would come back with.  After entering all the info and letting the little thing spin for about 10 seconds it came back with an instant approval for the full $30,500 I requested at a rate of 2.24% which while it isn't the bottom rate is leaps and bounds above the 9.5% rate that I received from BMW and is lowering my payment almost $80 a month.  As a bonus at the bottom of the approval page it informed me I was pre-approved for one of their low interest credit cards with a $2,300 SL at 11.99% interest.  I opted to accept that as I understand they offer great balance transfers from time to time and that would be very helpful.  I truly appreciate everyone here as in just over a month I've boosted my scores 25 points basically across the board and now lowered my car payment a substancial amount.

Go here: https://www.dcu.org/infodesk/membership/eligibility.html

Field of Membership has organizations you can join.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will prompt you to make your donation when you are going through the application. It is very easy IMO and better set up than Pen Fed
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.