Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU process help

tag
ysabelle32
Established Member

DCU process help

Hi
I just signed up fot a checking account with DCU and was approved. I got the message that I was pre-approved for a 20K auto loan..so I tick the box for more info..but that seemed to be it.went straight to the page about what will arrive and when etc ..is there any way of finding out the APR I was pre-approved at? Or will I have to wait til Monday now?
My FICO scores are 686 EQ 719 TU 728 EX so hoping rate is ok. I have a mortgage,CCs etc all paid on time etc no baddies at all on any credit report...just never financed a car before,always paid in full. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Smiley Happy

PNC Secured Visa 10/12 $250, Cap 1 Plat MC 10/12 $2.3K, Discover IT 4/13 $2K, AMEX BCE 5/13 $6K, Chase Freedom 10/13 $3K Chase BA Visa SIgnature $7K

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guydiver
Established Contributor

Re: DCU process help

Call them Monday morning.  They will do a second hard pull on EQ for the auto loan.  The first pull was to open the account.  That's just how DCU operates from what I've been told.  Looks like you're in good shape if your DTI is good.  They want direct deposit to get the best rates.  Just got my Visa debit card today for the new account.  Looking at a refi after my cards report this month.  Good luck. 

Message 2 of 6
ysabelle32
Established Member

I'm a bit disheartened. I was asked to call in as they had questions,etc which is fine but they are only open 8-6 I'm told by the customer service online. This happens to be when I'm at work but I find some time to call between meetings over past two days.Three times I'm on hold for 10 mins+,Fourth time I'm offered a call back. I get the call back,but I'm STILL put on hold for 10 mins+ so I hang up. I really dont have this kind of time while at work. Later in the evening or Emails back and forth or online chat fine not a problem.Got an email to complete app online so I have done that. Everyone has raved about how wonderful their experience with DCU is but so far I'm not overly impressed. Any suggestions/opinions much appreciated.I guess I just wait now but if this is the kind of customer service Im going to have to deal with, im not sure about giving them my business....

PNC Secured Visa 10/12 $250, Cap 1 Plat MC 10/12 $2.3K, Discover IT 4/13 $2K, AMEX BCE 5/13 $6K, Chase Freedom 10/13 $3K Chase BA Visa SIgnature $7K

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a FICO EQ score around yours when I applied, but DCU shot one back about 15 points lower (671). It got me a rate of 4.49 over 72 months. Just wanted the option of paying less if I had to. Anyways, there can be some very long wait times with them. However, once you get someone on the phone they are great to deal with. Calling first thing in the morning is the best way to go IMO. I say apply and you should be able to get their best rate, if not, its your call what you want to do. They offered to pull my experian to get me a better rate but I declined.

Message 4 of 6
Ragelog
Established Contributor

They can be a little slow to get on the phone but once you do it typically is someone that can handle pretty much all aspects of the process. In the end things like this typically take some time and usually that is during business hours. DCU uses the EQ04 Fico score which is different than the myfico.com EQ08 Fico score. In my case my EQ04 score was 38 points higher which landed me the 1.49% rate. 

Think of it this way after about an hour you will be sorted with a loan on a vehicle for years.

I work those hours as well but fortunately in an environment that allows me to call and wait while working and then step away once I get a person.

Hopefully this helps.

EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 5 of 6
Luscher
Valued Contributor

They have a long line to wait every time I call but all of there csr's are knowledgable
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.