Did you mean: 

DCU question(s)

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: DCU question(s)

@goldengopher1991 wrote:

@Remember0 wrote:

Anybody can join by donating $10 as long as they are in one of the 50 states (+DC I assume):

https://www.dcu.org/infodesk/membership/participating-organizations.html

So do I need to join this Reach Out for Schools first then apply for DCU Membership?

You can do it at the same time you app online. 

Yes, membership is required to receive any of their credit/loan programs. 

Message 11 of 15
goldengopher1991
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@goldengopher1991 wrote:

@Remember0 wrote:

Anybody can join by donating $10 as long as they are in one of the 50 states (+DC I assume):

So do I need to join this Reach Out for Schools first then apply for DCU Membership?

Thanks Lexie for your help! I just apped for the savings membership and it says to wait a day for a rep to get back to me to complete my membership. Probably going to ask for my SS card or DL I guess?

One last question - I really only signed up to take advantage of the 1.24% APR for my auto loan, but I'll need to sign up for direct deposit of my net pay otherwise my APR is 1.74%. I called in today and asked if I can just do a partial deposit, like say $500 a month of my salary to pay off my auto loan each month. But they said no, it has to be my net pay.

Would there be any problems if I just went ahead and signed up for direct deposit with DCU but transfer my money over to my own bank each week I'm paid? Is there an option where I can do a money transfer to another bank without incurring any charges?

thanks!!!

Discover IT - $10,000 | Chase Freedom - $2,200 | United MileagePlus Explorer - $5,000 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select - $4,000
Message 12 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@goldengopher1991 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@goldengopher1991 wrote:

@Remember0 wrote:

Thanks Lexie for your help! I just apped for the savings membership and it says to wait a day for a rep to get back to me to complete my membership. Probably going to ask for my SS card or DL I guess?

One last question - I really only signed up to take advantage of the 1.24% APR for my auto loan, but I'll need to sign up for direct deposit of my net pay otherwise my APR is 1.74%. I called in today and asked if I can just do a partial deposit, like say $500 a month of my salary to pay off my auto loan each month. But they said no, it has to be my net pay.

Would there be any problems if I just went ahead and signed up for direct deposit with DCU but transfer my money over to my own bank each week I'm paid? Is there an option where I can do a money transfer to another bank without incurring any charges?

thanks!!!

If they ask for a copy if your DL, make sure you send color copies. Regarding direct deposit, this is from their website:

If you transfer at least $500 per month into your DCU checking account using this method, you'll qualify for the DCU Direct Deposit Benefits. You have the option to send money to DCU weekly, biweekly, or monthly. You must submit a completed Authorization and Agreement for Preauthorized Payments form in order for recurring transfers to begin.

Message 13 of 15
goldengopher1991
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@goldengopher1991 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@goldengopher1991 wrote:

@Remember0 wrote:

thanks!!!

If they ask for a copy if your DL, make sure you send color copies. Regarding direct deposit, this is from their website:

If you transfer at least $500 per month into your DCU checking account using this method, you'll qualify for the DCU Direct Deposit Benefits. You have the option to send money to DCU weekly, biweekly, or monthly. You must submit a completed Authorization and Agreement for Preauthorized Payments form in order for recurring transfers to begin.

Yup, will scan color copies of DL tomorrow. 

I didn't realize I needed to open a checking account to take advantage of the 0.50% APR discount.. I only opened a savings account Smiley Sad will opening a checking account after my membership is processed and confirmed result in another HP?

Discover IT - $10,000 | Chase Freedom - $2,200 | United MileagePlus Explorer - $5,000 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select - $4,000
Message 14 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@goldengopher1991 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@goldengopher1991 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@goldengopher1991 wrote:

@Remember0 wrote:

thanks!!!

Yup, will scan color copies of DL tomorrow. 

I didn't realize I needed to open a checking account to take advantage of the 0.50% APR discount.. I only opened a savings account Smiley Sad will opening a checking account after my membership is processed and confirmed result in another HP?

It shouldnt but I would ask 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.