Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU refinance approval!!!! NFCU question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU refinance approval!!!! NFCU question

So this morning I called NFCU to see if what I owe on my car is within the 125% range that they loan. They said it was so I went ahead and applied. Took like 45 mins on the phone and they said they would pull Equifax and should update me on the status within an hour. Said if approved it would be 3.99 - 17.84% based on my report. So in the meantime I called DCU - i recently joined them in the past 2 weeks. Took all of about 10 mins, they pulled Equifax - you are approved 4.49% but 3.99% if I move my direct deposit over to them and oh by the way I looked over your report and seen you have some credit card balances. Would you like a credit card from the same pull and you can transfer those over for much lower interest? Sure I would.....ok 5000 SL rewards card approved. WOWWWW!!! I do believe my rebuild has come full circle.in the last 4 weeks 100 point TU increase...a new Discover it Chrome, a new US Bank Cash + visa and now this...thank you everyone on this great forum for all the advice and input and experiences. My only question is I havent heard squat from Navy yet.....should I call them? Any chance they would match DCU offer and throw a credit card in too......or just i just take DCU's offer and be done with it? Just looking for some input. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Re: DCU refinance approval!!!! NFCU question

Man! That is awesome with DCU. I've dealt with them for customers in the past always very helpful people. Unfortunately my FICO 9 is a good 30 or 40 points lower than my 8 so there is no way for me to refi my truck with NFCU. If you don't mind my asking what were your scores/versions they pulled? 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled Equifax which is my worst at 652, no negatives except a 60 day late and a couple 30 day on old closed auto loan from 2 years ago. 12 inq. but none in the last 8 or so months. I feel very fortunate since I only joined them 2 weeks ago and have only put a couple bux in checking and savings. I was going to wait a bit because I was worried my loan was more than the 120% , turns out I am at 112%. To get approved and then throw in a 5k CC which would be more than 2.5 times the limit of my highest card is more than mind blowing.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

and thats 652 Fico 8, no clue of my Fico 9

Message 4 of 6
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! FYI DCU pulls FICO 05, not FICO 08. 

Message 5 of 6
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! FYI DCU pulls FICO 05, not FICO 08. 

+1 Fico 04 if u get it from here like DeeBee said 05= your Mortgage Score.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.