Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU refinance success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU refinance success!

A big thank you to these forums for finding this one! 4 months ago I bought a truck with financing through my local credit union at a rate of 10.74%. I'm not sure what my credit score was at the time, but it's not much different today. The car loan probably helped boost it a little bit since that is my only current installment loan, but otherwise the only positive would be a few months time. I also added an amex card but it was so recent that it probably hurt more than it helped.

A week ago I mailed my DCU application for membership/checking/savings (didn't realize I could do it online). Yesterday they sent me an email saying I was now a member, so I called today and applied to refinance my truck. It was quick and painless, emailed a paystub, and now I have a 1.49% DCU loan. What a huge difference in rates!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Ragelog
Established Contributor

Re: DCU refinance success!

Congrats! I use them as well and achieved similar results. Having them in your back pocket for any future purchases will make things less stressful that's for sure. They will do up 120% LTV on NADA Clean Retail so as long as you know you fall into that on any future deal and keep your credit good it's very easy.

EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.