Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU refinance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU refinance

Just refinanced with DCU last week. Approved for 2.99% with a 718 EQ. Total refinanced was $15,500. They dropped me to 2.49% contingent on me doing DD through a new checking account within 90 days.

Beyond thrilled. 2 years ago my credit was mid 400s so I had to finance this car originally at 23.99%.

Earlier this year Cap One refi'ed me at 15.14% with a 3B average of 640.

In 2 years I've paid a lot of interest but with this last refi I will at least be able to make up some of what I have already paid.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DCU refinance

I am a huge fan of their auto loans!! Congrats!!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats,  shows the value of rebuilding and then refinanincing as you make progress, will save you thousands.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Saving me $75 off my monthly payment, $140 a month in interest and about 6k off the rest of the loan. DCU denied me back in January with a 630 score but they like me now.
Message 4 of 5
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just refinanced with DCU last week. Approved for 2.99% with a 718 EQ. Total refinanced was $15,500. They dropped me to 2.49% contingent on me doing DD through a new checking account within 90 days.

Beyond thrilled. 2 years ago my credit was mid 400s so I had to finance this car originally at 23.99%.

Earlier this year Cap One refi'ed me at 15.14% with a 3B average of 640.

In 2 years I've paid a lot of interest but with this last refi I will at least be able to make up some of what I have already paid.

Congrats! I refi'd with DCU earlier this year as well. I was approved at 2.74% but actually took my payment up $100 every month so I could pay it off earlier (I was paying that $100 a month to the other lender as well, but they weren't applying the payments towards principal). Went from $297 a month to $397 a month but cut a year off my loan term.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.