Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU

tag
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

DCU

So, i read through all the threads about DCU and what i understood is that there are two hard pulls to eq. 1 is regular fico and the other the mortgage score 5. I will purchase my 3b in a few days once my cards report to find out that score. I also understood that if you cant get a checking account with them then you cant get an auto loan. So i applied for the checking first a few hours ago. Only thing about that is it wouldnt let me input my address( i have this issue a lot) so i entered my PO Box. It took that. And then asked me security questions and then asked me to send proof like DL, Utility bill, and social. My DL etc have my physical address on it not my po box so i pray i dont get denied. I do have a question though. Why do they hard pull for a checking account to become a member? I have never in a million years heard anything of the such. I also want to make sure it isnt a scam or bad company. I mean noone can be worse than santander but so far they are legit. I read everyones threads with good experiences but im a bit scared. No face to face or contact is a bit frightening. Am i worried for nothing?

Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DCU

DCU is a real bank here in New England. They have multiple locations in Mass and New Hampshire. The company I work for is on their membership listing.

I hope this helps.
Message 2 of 63
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for your response. Definitely puts me at ease.
Message 3 of 63
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

I got approved for the checking. I will apply for the auto loan today 🙃
Message 4 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Newbie2018wrote:
I got approved for the checking. I will apply for the auto loan today 🙃

Congrats!

Can you add some datapoints when you receive your decision please; Scores, AAoA, baddies, etc... I am looking to app with DCU and NFCU in April and any info would be greatly appreciated.

Message 5 of 63
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

I sure will. I will say my scores right now just fico8 are
Ex 631
EQ 631 (just gained a few points today haven't checked)
TU 620

No hard pull yet from DCU
I'll let you know when approved.
I have 2 collections on my EQ and 1 paid charge off. Utilization for CC is at 26% overall total. None of my balances are over 30% individually.
Message 6 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Newbie2018wrote:
I sure will. I will say my scores right now just fico8 are
Ex 631
EQ 631 (just gained a few points today haven't checked)
TU 620

No hard pull yet from DCU
I'll let you know when approved.
I have 2 collections on my EQ and 1 paid charge off. Utilization for CC is at 26% overall total. None of my balances are over 30% individually.

Thanks a lot that def helps...

Message 7 of 63
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

My online account isn't working anyone ever have this issue? I have my membership number just not the correct password I guess. I've tried resetting I and it won't work. And I cannot get an answer from calling the phone number. Help please! I hope I don't have continuous issues with them. I'll try not to over think lol
Message 8 of 63
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

U won't be able to activate your online account until u get your wecome letter in the mail it has a Pin number u must use to activate account. DCU stopped doing HPs a while ago for membership u should only see one for the auto loan. I would apply for the loan over the phone and the Rep will tell u right there if the computer pre approved u or not and if need be they can call the UW while u are on the phone.

Message 9 of 63
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

I had already submitted my application for auto loan. How do I get in touch with them now?
Message 10 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.