Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DCU

I applied for a savings account at dcu and they pre-approved me for a 20,000 auto loan. How likely will I get this?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: DCU

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for a savings account at dcu and they pre-approved me for a 20,000 auto loan. How likely will I get this?

DCU loan or credit card "pre-approvals" with a membership are generally solid because they are based on the credit report they pulled for your membership. I've purchased two vehicles (one 18-month old used, one new) using DCU, in both cases, I applied (with a hard pull) and got "pre-approved" - both were used to buy vehicles, no problems. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks and congrats to you. I was asking bc while I was applying it said I was pre-approved for that. I shall see tomorrow bc I had my chex thing frozen and they couldn't approve my membership just yet. Do they use the same pull.for a card if I apply?
Message 3 of 4
Kree
Established Contributor

The only thing that might get an eventual denial with DCU will be your Debt to Income Ratio.   I know with unsecured loans they are a little conservative, not sure about an Autoloan though.   But unless you are going to be over 40% I doubt it will even come up as an issue.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.