Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTI High Including Mortgage, Insurance and Taxes

tag
QueenBeeOC
Regular Contributor

DTI High Including Mortgage, Insurance and Taxes

My DH and I are looking to purchase a car in next couple months. I calculated our pre-tax income and divided it by just our mortgage a student loan and a personal loan payment. Just that and not including our credit cards is 31%. We are working to pay down credit cards in the next couple months to get our DTI under 35% but I am concerned about the 35-45% including our mortgage. 

I was reading in the "guide to financing" post that 35-45% is iffy INCLUDING your mortgage. 

My question is - does that include the property taxes, PMI and insurance that is included in our payment? Or soley the payment itself? Because PMI and Property Taxes are almost $900 of our mortgage payment, since they are impounded. 

Southwest: $9k - Discover It $1,900 - Amazon $2,900 - CAP1 - $1,500 - QuickSilver (FKA Orchard) - $900 - J. Crew $1K - LOFT $1K - Nordstroms $1K - Amex BCE - $3,000
Scores: Credit Karma 687, Credit Sesame 660- EQ 643 - EX 665 (from Amex)- TQ 655 Lender Pull: 693

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: DTI High Including Mortgage, Insurance and Taxes

I am not positive, but the banks will use the reported payment. If the property tax, PMI and insurance are paid as part of your mortgage my bet is that will figure into your DTI.

If you do not have a Credit Sesame account, go for the free version. They do a decent job of showing your current DTI. Remember this will trail by at least a month.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.