Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dcu refinance

tag
rrdm78
Regular Contributor

Dcu refinance

Today I opened up a account with Dcu . I just purchase a new car on11/27 my interest rate is 5.74 and i finance it for 33.035 for 75 months. I am so pissed at the car dealer they run my credit seeking for a loan approval which cause my credit scores to drop. I did not give them permission to run my credit . Since I had a pre approval with capital one and they were not able to used.  My question is my Equifax is currently 624 from 640. I would like to refinance with DCU what will be my chances of getting approved? How soon should I wait to refinance my lender will be with ally financial ?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Re: Dcu refinance

dealers always try to run your credit even when u come in with pre approval u could have still used your Cap 1 approval they cant tell u who to finance with but as far as refinancing with dcu your score is low on EQ 

Message 2 of 6
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

and to add 5.74 is not bad for  not so good credit

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would wait for a couple of months and refinance then, your scores will recover by then and perhaps you'll get a few more points.  I did that and went from 12.5 to 4.29%

Message 4 of 6
EddieK
Established Contributor

Chances to re-fi with DCU with a 624 score is very slim.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 5 of 6
EddieK
Established Contributor

Chances to re-fi with DCU with a 624 score is very slim.  All things considered a 5.74% rate is pretty good and won't get improved upon with that score.  I'd wait til you get them back up to mid-600s then try for the re-fi.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.