Established Member
sony

Debt to income for auto loan

Hello,

how do lenders figure out how much to lend you for auto loans?  I am asking this because

I have a car loan with about 1 year left on it and I want to buy a new car before I sell this one.

Established Member
DTGE

Re: Debt to income for auto loan

[ Edited ]

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Auto-Loans/Debt-to-income-ratio-on-new-car-purchase/td-p/655312

Personal advice...sell and or pay off the old car first if you can, wait a month for it to clear on your credit report, then buy the new one. 

Starting Score: EQ: 600 - MyFico TU: 568 - MyFico
Current Score: EQ: 709 - My Fico TU:712 - Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
usmc58555

Re: Debt to income for auto loan

Most places will not lend at a payment more then 30% your gross monthly income.

Signature line begins:
Credit is not a right, but a business transaction, one that takes into account risk, and charges accordingly based on that risk.
Your credit score is an aspect of your credit profile. Important? yes but just an aspect. Contributing/supplemental information determines the finer point of the deal. Ask any question, respect me not to get mad if the answer is not the affirmation you are looking for,

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}