Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decent auto insurance?

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Decent auto insurance?

@Jutz wrote:

Wowwwwwwww.  $5200 a year?  For a sensible, safe, economical car?  I just switched to eSurance as well.  Save me about $30 a month with my current car, will save me nearly $80 wiith the car I plan on buying in the next couple of months.

LOL you'd be surprised how many quotes I did before finally settling on Esurance! Rate shopping is hard! And to think AAA would give me a discount for my 9 years of membership...

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 11 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@maiden_girl wrote:

I know this doesn't actually count as an auto loan topic but I just purchased a new car and I have been having trouble with insurance shopping. I was going to go with AAA b/c I have an older car insured with them so I decided to insure my new 2011 Hyundai Accent to save money with multi-policy discount. Their premium was the highest! $5,200 for the whole year! I was so shocked by this that I told the agent to cancel my policy with them. I then ended up calling an insurance agent and he told me about Infinity insurance. I signed up with them but I have been hearing terrible things about this company. I don't trust them to insure my car so I am going to cancel it today! I decided to sign up for Esurance. It had the cheapest premium and they seem trustworthy. I can't find any negative info about them.

Anyway...will this constant change in insurance coverage upset the finance company at all? I am keeping with the guidelines. No coverage break and the $500 min deductible for collision and comprehensive.

Sorta off topic but if you're paying that much annually for insurance anyway (and FWIW I've been at $2400 per year too originally on my Acura) I would suggest trying to re-run the numbers with a $1000 deductible instead.  Yeah you need to keep more of a cash reserve (theoretically) but depending on the difference in price it might justify it.  

It definitely did with my old Progressive insurance, it doesn't with my current USAA insurance.

        
Message 12 of 15
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

I know this doesn't actually count as an auto loan topic but I just purchased a new car and I have been having trouble with insurance shopping. I was going to go with AAA b/c I have an older car insured with them so I decided to insure my new 2011 Hyundai Accent to save money with multi-policy discount. Their premium was the highest! $5,200 for the whole year! I was so shocked by this that I told the agent to cancel my policy with them. I then ended up calling an insurance agent and he told me about Infinity insurance. I signed up with them but I have been hearing terrible things about this company. I don't trust them to insure my car so I am going to cancel it today! I decided to sign up for Esurance. It had the cheapest premium and they seem trustworthy. I can't find any negative info about them.

Anyway...will this constant change in insurance coverage upset the finance company at all? I am keeping with the guidelines. No coverage break and the $500 min deductible for collision and comprehensive.

Sorta off topic but if you're paying that much annually for insurance anyway (and FWIW I've been at $2400 per year too originally on my Acura) I would suggest trying to re-run the numbers with a $1000 deductible instead.  Yeah you need to keep more of a cash reserve (theoretically) but depending on the difference in price it might justify it.  

It definitely did with my old Progressive insurance, it doesn't with my current USAA insurance.

I wish I could do that but I'm financing my Hyundai at the moment and I have to have my deductible at $500 per finance company. They're watching. Lol. I'd rather pay $2,400 than $5,200. My honda, I will consider moving my deductible up but it probably won't do much. I didn't realize that car was so much to insure even at this age.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 13 of 15
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Amica!

Even though their rates are going up this year, they are still cheaper than anyone else. I received multiple quotes from different companies after I had heard that Amica's rates were going up, but they were still $300 cheaper than Esurance and Geico. And, their gap insurance is about $10 a year!!

Message 14 of 15
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

Have you look we'd at State Farm??   I have been with a million years super easy and usually best prices 

Eq 675
TU 681
Ex your guess is as goodas mine!

Nfcu Cash Rewards 15000, Nfcu nRewards Mc 15000, Walmart 600, Target 400, VS 650,Capital one 3750, Us Bank 300, Discover 4500,Citi DP 1500, Chase Freedom 2000. And I'm done...... no more cards just going to tend my garden
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.