Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Capital One Blank Check!

tag
jim44
Established Contributor

Re: Denied Capital One Blank Check!

The problem with your last Sunday dealership (IMO) the lender wouldn't agree to the term of the contract possibly because age of the truck. Also too remember that these types of loans work best with good size down payments. Good luck with Cap1, I hope it works out well with you.

Message 11 of 17
mamatried
Contributor

I went ahead and applied with a dealer that has a truck that seems to meet the cap1 requirements... I didn't tell them about the blank check yet. Going to see what they come up with. I'll keep y'all posted... *fingers crossed*

12/23/14: 536 | 4/4/18 714
MAJORS: Chase Slate, Amex Blue, Citi American Airlines, Gap Visa, Cap1 QS, Southwest, AQHA BOA, Discover, Chase Freedom, Citi Best Buy, Cap1 Platinum, BuyPower GM, US Bank H-D STORE Macy's, VS, Home Depot, Old Navy, Kohl's, J Crew, Venus, Care Credit, PayPal Credit LOANS Ally Auto, Prosper, American Financial Resources Home Mortgage (USDA Rural Development)
Message 12 of 17
mamatried
Contributor

I didn't use the CapOne check - dealer negotiated financing deal through Ally turned out to save me about 6 points interest!

MAJORS: Chase Slate, Amex Blue, Citi American Airlines, Gap Visa, Cap1 QS, Southwest, AQHA BOA, Discover, Chase Freedom, Citi Best Buy, Cap1 Platinum, BuyPower GM, US Bank H-D STORE Macy's, VS, Home Depot, Old Navy, Kohl's, J Crew, Venus, Care Credit, PayPal Credit LOANS Ally Auto, Prosper, American Financial Resources Home Mortgage (USDA Rural Development)
Message 13 of 17
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I've been denied a blank check from them too. It's no worry.  Just get a loan from someone else who is worth your time Smiley Happy The APR they were offering was higher anyway before I got APPROVED WITH KIA.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 14 of 17
mamatried
Contributor

Side note - I didn't originally apply for the blank check I was approved for... I applied for financing on Lending Tree and that's how I got the blank check offer. Like I said above the dealer financing via Ally ended up being wayyy better as I got approved for a more suitable amount and the interest rate was considerably better than blank check. The Blank Check was like 19%! YIKES!

Message 15 of 17
chamire
Contributor

Yes i am currently in the market and they denied me because of too many inquiries . Now im disputing inquiries because i really need a car .

EQ542 TRAN582 EX565:
Current Score:EQ 635 TRAN 631 EX 603
Goal Score: 750

Start out : 24 negative accounts collections/chargeoff
Current : 5 remaining 2 unpaid 72 total positive accounts:Long two year battle finally i can see light
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Eh... The Blank Check by Crapital One is another one of their super elusive products that basically helps no one.
I'd try Penfed. Yeah they are hard to get a cc thru, but they do A LOT of auto loans with low rates and no age restrictions from what Ive read on their site.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.