Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Denied Denied

tag
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

Denied Denied Denied

I dont understand, I'm looking to finance a 2013 infiniti JX for 52k with about 10k down, I started applying in June of this year and have been to 3 dealerships, the dealerships just kept on pulling my credit and now I have 75 credit inquiries on equifax and experian, and 21 on transunion.. I have perfect payment history on my credit cards (they are all pretty new), currently have high utilization, and 21lates on prior auto loan.

I CANT GET FINANCED ANYWHERE.

any suggestions, I was also looking at a ford eplorer..... but .....denied.......

I make 92k a year as a general contractor,

scores tr-612

equifax and experial-580..... they were all in the high sixes until utilization posted..

Any suggestions would be appreciated...Thx

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
TrishN
Established Contributor

Re: Denied Denied Denied

Base on your basic question I'll say no. 52k for car down 10k finance 42 k,no sorry you are super high risk .if you can bring 20 k and up for down payment then you may can get it.iam sorry base on your credit score ,your credit in a toilet. You have to fix it before try to get big finance

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 2 of 24
Croselx
Contributor

I'm assuming you don't need the car right now. I would pay off all cards and only allow one to report 1-9% util. Get a copy of the report and see what is dragging you down, make notes and then try to GW, DV, PFD, etc. 

I believe that you will eventually find someone to finance you (probably require a bigger down payment), but it wouldn't be good business for you in the form of higher interest rates, possibly throwing you of budget (plus you might be so desperate for approval that you will probably accept everything the dealer throws at you).

Your options are:

Fix credit or maximize what you already have (bring util down)

Find a cheaper car

Save up for a bigger down payment

As of Feb: AAoA 1 year, 10 months
CK TU: 740; Wal-Mart TU FICO: 721
CS EX: 715
8 CCs, 15 total accounts.
Negs on report: 1 30 day late aged 3 years
5 inquiries
Message 3 of 24
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

I agree.  Maxxed utilization, 21 lates on auto loans? sub 600 score, and asking for a loan on a 52K dollar automobile.........  If you have a $90,000.00 income, What seems to be the issue here?????

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 24
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I got an auto loan for 36k from Cap one with a 620ish score with zero down and I had a couple 30 day lates within a few months of getting the new loan.

Just keep working the score by paying down the cards and you will get it.

Message 5 of 24
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Tooleman694, what was the interest rate on this loan if you don't mind me asking?

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Message 6 of 24
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

It was 16 percent.

Message 7 of 24
marty56
Super Contributor

I would take a copy of your CR to a local CU and see what they say.  They may not tell you anything unless you apply but it is worth a shot and it wont cost an INQ.  Some CUs might even give you advice on what to do to help your changes, in the short term.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 8 of 24
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@creditwatcher2012 wrote:

I dont understand, I'm looking to finance a 2013 infiniti JX for 52k with about 10k down, I started applying in June of this year and have been to 3 dealerships, the dealerships just kept on pulling my credit and now I have 75 credit inquiries on equifax and experian, and 21 on transunion.. I have perfect payment history on my credit cards (they are all pretty new), currently have high utilization, and 21lates on prior auto loan.

I CANT GET FINANCED ANYWHERE.

any suggestions, I was also looking at a ford eplorer..... but .....denied.......

I make 92k a year as a general contractor,

scores tr-612

equifax and experial-580..... they were all in the high sixes until utilization posted..

Any suggestions would be appreciated...Thx

I think the text highlighted in red sums it up completely, especially that last one: 21 lates on an auto loan?! considering the dealers and many other companies use an Auto Enhanced Fico Score which weighs heavily on payment and previous history with auto loans, no wonder the poor guy can't get one! :X

Message 9 of 24
bigpayback
Established Member

Not to beat a dead horse but I thought the TEN 30day lates on my report was bad. On a 60 month loan you was late more then 1/3 of the times, if I was

you I would try to see if I could get the new pathfinder, its the same vehicle without all the bells and whistles. I will also be in the car market in the next

couple of months and actually looked at both vehicles. Our primary vehicle is on it's last legs, hopefully I can get my credit score to at least 620 ASAP,

our local toyota dealer told us he can get us approved for a 42k highlander with a minimum credit score of 620 plus $5000 down. Our current toyota will

be paid off in March 2013. The only reason for the 10 lates was bc my wife was diagnosed with stage four cancer and had to quit her 40k per yr job. I had

to go part time, my income dropped from 90k+ per yr, to just a little over 42k. Good Luck.

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 542
Goal Score: 700

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.