Janice618

Re: Denied... FICO's are all over 680 No negatives

Noticed company called myAutoloan.com in comments - seriously, I've used them twice and love the ability to actually choose from the rates they provided.  Good results and would recommend to friends (which I have).

Regular Contributor
lionsfan20

Re: Denied... FICO's are all over 680 No negatives

andyaycw wrote:

Cass, while you do show perfect payment history, the dealership might be concerned about the fact that have no evidence of handling a high limit revolving card or installment loan. This is particularly true if the ONLY reason they cited on your denial was limited credit history.

With 4 years of perfect payment history and 2% utilization, I'm curious why your scores aren't higher. I would expect to see scores higher than 740. Have you opened any accounts in the last year? Inquiries in the last year? Too many accounts with balances?

I recently checked my FICOs from TU and EQ. I'm also at a 4 year history and was at TU 741 and EQ 737. I had seven accounts reporting with a balance so I'm sure I lost some points there. I also had credit pulled from a car dealership, which pegged me at an auto-FICO of TU 744 and EX 782. That was enough to qualify me for 0% financing.

How much of a down-payment are you looking to put down? Perhaps that would help ease the car dealership's concerns a bit.

exactly what I was going to say. I have about 4 years history with perfect history and a terrible dti (student loans) and my scores are all about 730-750. Definately not being honest about something.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}