Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied NFCU auto loan because

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied NFCU auto loan because

I have an auto, its financed for over two years now with no lates............my score isnt quite 700 yet but isnt awful either. I applied for the preapproval auto and got an instant denial, reason : Insufficient income for amount requested...........honestly I am not even sure if I put it in right. My current interest rate is through the roof and I really want to get out of this vehicle and into something new, I know I can afford it obviously or I wouldnt apply. Although I am a bit exstatic that this was the ONLY reason they listed for denial , haha! But I am bummed too......I need a new car and am sick to death of this high interest. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
chasmith
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied NFCU auto loan because

Call NFCU and see if they'll reconsider.  I've seen people mention they had to prove income to NFCU, it could be the automated system kicks out that reason if they don't have your income verified.

I applied in July and didn't get an online answer, I needed to move quickly and financed with Foird Credit.  NFCU left my application in an "under review "status, phone CSR said it was approved, never got approval letter, then I got a reminder to use my preapproval.  Bottom line, if your application isn't a slam-dunk approval their systems get cranky.

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call NFCU and see if they'll reconsider.  I've seen people mention they had to prove income to NFCU, it could be the automated system kicks out that reason if they don't have your income verified.

I applied in July and didn't get an online answer, I needed to move quickly and financed with Foird Credit.  NFCU left my application in an "under review "status, phone CSR said it was approved, never got approval letter, then I got a reminder to use my preapproval.  Bottom line, if your application isn't a slam-dunk approval their systems get cranky.

Thank you for your response!! I messaged them, I have to work today, busy place, hopefully I will get the chance to call them today...........

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU has become a little more stringent on Debt to Income when extending credit.  Good luck

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU has become a little more stringent on Debt to Income when extending credit.  Good luck

Do you think if I add my husband to my loan that would help? His scores are lower than mine although within the past four months we have been able to get to two charge offs reversed and managed to have those accounts reopened (to look as though they were never closed) with a 0 balance, and 4 things deleted from his reports......his scores increased approximately 105 points. I reallly wanted to have the auto in just my name because he has one too, recent. TIA!!!!

Message 5 of 8
nene17
Established Member

I tried to refinance my car with NFCU last Friday and it was declined due to the same reason:  insufficient income.  I called to clarify and was told my debt to income ratio, but was told I could ask for recon.  I did so via online message the next day (Saturday).  I received a response on Tuesday stating that they would review my recon and usually takes 24-48 hours.  On Thursday morning, I got a phone call stating that my app was "conditionally approved" and I just needed to provide some information and documentation.  Thought they would want my check stubs but only had to send in my car registration, a copy of the title from Finance Company or a letter of guarantee from Finance Company.  The idiots at the previous finance company said it takes 24-48 hours to fax the title over and they don't do letters of guarantees.  Well, this morning I went to work and faxed my registration.  Called to see if received and was told "yes" and that my loan documents had already been approved and being sent out to me.  I wish I had told them to send to a local branch so I could have signed them today, but I can wait until next week.  Good luck on your recon!  My payment is going to be $100 lower than before so I am happy.  Trying to rebuild and I'll take it! 

Starting Score: 566 EQ, 599 TU 9/2010
Current Score: 675 EQ 07/2012, 675 TU 06/2012
Goal Score: 720+ 2012

Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@nene17 wrote:

I tried to refinance my car with NFCU last Friday and it was declined due to the same reason:  insufficient income.  I called to clarify and was told my debt to income ratio, but was told I could ask for recon.  I did so via online message the next day (Saturday).  I received a response on Tuesday stating that they would review my recon and usually takes 24-48 hours.  On Thursday morning, I got a phone call stating that my app was "conditionally approved" and I just needed to provide some information and documentation.  Thought they would want my check stubs but only had to send in my car registration, a copy of the title from Finance Company or a letter of guarantee from Finance Company.  The idiots at the previous finance company said it takes 24-48 hours to fax the title over and they don't do letters of guarantees.  Well, this morning I went to work and faxed my registration.  Called to see if received and was told "yes" and that my loan documents had already been approved and being sent out to me.  I wish I had told them to send to a local branch so I could have signed them today, but I can wait until next week.  Good luck on your recon!  My payment is going to be $100 lower than before so I am happy.  Trying to rebuild and I'll take it! 

Did you have to prove income?

Does anyone know if NFCU will except bank statements to prove income?

Message 7 of 8
nene17
Established Member

No proof of income required,$ just stated income.  Got my payoff check in the mail yesterday, so that was pretty fast from being approved on Friday. 

Starting Score: 566 EQ, 599 TU 9/2010
Current Score: 675 EQ 07/2012, 675 TU 06/2012
Goal Score: 720+ 2012

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.