Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointment in DCU

tag
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Disappointment in DCU

I was approved (online) last Thursday for a refi. I received a generic email from them telling me I would hear from a rep shortly so which I replied the next morning to request that callback.  By lunchtime day I hadn't heard, so I called DCU only to be told that no one can help me, that I need to just wait for the rep to call me.  I asked them when I would hear back.  He said for sure by 7pm that same day.  I did not hear from anyone, then it was the weekend...   yesterday (Monday) I was so busy at work I'd forgotten to call them and didn't remember again until about an hour ago which meant I'd be calling them 15 min before they close.  I'm so disappointed with their lack of customer service that I didn't make that call.  I would only save about $250, but heck it's almost a whole car payment.  I'm so irritated right now, I'll decide tomorrow to call them or to leave it alone.

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
black_citi
Established Contributor

Re: Disappointment in DCU

Are you a member with them? I went through something similar when I refied a month ago but they didn't give me too much of a hard time.

They have different ddepartments that handle different loans. I would ask to speak to the department that handles auto refies. That departments extension starts with a 9 I think. You can mention that. Do they have your SSC and DL? They couldn't help me until I email or faxed that over. Once I did (and became a member) everything was as smooth as butter. Ask for their email to send loan documents over to if you don't already have it. They have 2 email addresses and the one to send loan doc's to isn't on their website. You must ask for it.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 2 of 13
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Yes I'm a member since last summer so they have all of that (took 3 weeks and many phone calls to bug).  I was going to call on Monday and as a person here said to do, ask for a loan officer.  I had just been so busy Monday I didn't think about it until Tues.  What irks me is that it's been 4 biz days and I've heard nothing, and that when I did call them they said that no one could help me and to wait for the call.  I know many are very happy with their service but I think people should also be aware of their lack of.

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 3 of 13
black_citi
Established Contributor

If they gave you a really good interest rate, I would try and wait it out for a few more days if you can. I have heard of others having a hard time getting through to the person they need to speak with and that they should wait for the call. I definitely know how you feel though.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 4 of 13
black_citi
Established Contributor

Also it has been quite busy for DCU from what I have been reading. That may also contribute to their delay in returning your call.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 5 of 13
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I've had some terrible customer service with them, as well. Oh well, the product makes up for it..
Message 6 of 13
kroberts67
Established Contributor

UPDATE:  It's been 2 weeks now.  I do, however, get their emails inviting me to auto finance with them. LOL

My Credit Repair Journey
Message 7 of 13
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

Not sure how it works with a refi, in my case, I asked for a loan officer from the branch and told the CSR that I have an approved loan and would like to discuss something with the loan officer. They gave me an extension number (it did start with 9, something like 9501 or a permutation of it) prior to connecting me but I never got the reply that I needed to wait for a call from them. This was before I even had a car that I wanted to buy and I only wanted to ask when the approval expired and verify how much I was approved for. Also, make sure you key in your member number when prompted since I noticed that the wait time is less if you do this. When you get a loan officer on the line, ask for your approval number and use this in all your emails and phone inquiries so they access yur file faster and they associate the documents you email to your account right away. Hope this helps!

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 8 of 13
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Well, a nice girl called me today to see if I still wanted the refi!  She said my app expires tomorrow.  lol  really?? does it expire tomorrow??  Only 29 days later.

My Credit Repair Journey
Message 9 of 13
Remember0
Valued Contributor

So did you take them up on the refi?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.