Regular Contributor
reckedhim

Do I have a chance with PenFed?

I'm looking to get a loan soon and I've heard great things about PenFed.  My EQ score is 726 and my TU score is 747.  I have some late payments with Chase from 2009 but that's the only negative thing on my report.  Will PenFed approve me for their 1.74% rate?  Also, how easy is the whole process?

Established Member
Barris

Re: Do I have a chance with PenFed?

PenFred is not a nightmare anymore, at least not these days. The process is fairly easy to run through. As for getting the 1.74% @ 60 months, the Chase TL should not be a problem. It is more than 2 years old already, and hopefully the account is now current/paid in full.

Regular Contributor
reckedhim

Yea, the account was paid after chase closed it.
Regular Contributor
reckedhim

It looks like chase is going to make a GW adjustment so I think it should be pretty easy now to get approved by PenFed.
New Contributor
Redissochi

I am getting really discouraged with Penfed. I joined Saturday and applied for an auto loan Saturday for $27,000. I am a first time buyer and my EQ score is 718, per myfico and thats who they pulled. It still says pending with no movement as of yet. I am getting really nervous. I have great pricing on a 2013 Camero w/ GM Family discount and I really want to go to the dealership with financing versus them doing it for me. I was denied earlier this year from Ally and Cap One for inquiries (I always leave the garden..LOL) and last year my local CU denied me around June for reasons I cant remember so I am really nervous about reapplying with them. This whole experience has me on pins and needles. I have a car that is almost 10 years old, with 177k miles but is paid off and has been lasting me so far, but over the last 6 months I have tanked about $2k into it to keep it running. I dont plan on trading it in. Does Penfed do counter offers? the Camero I am looking at was listed at 26500 but with the discounts and what not I got a dealer willing to let it go for $23500 so I dont plan on using the whole $27000. I just pulled that number because I knew I didnt want to go over that amount. I plan on paying TTL out of pocket. Mother never said buying a car would be so nerve wrecking!!!!

Starting Score: 624
Current Score: 710(MYFICO 06/10/2013) Experian: 705 (Pulled from Bank of America while applying for an auto loan 5/2013)Goal Score: 800 Club

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+