Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have a chance?

tag
PinkDaisy
New Visitor

Do I have a chance?

I'm just out of college(with a job) & have been slowly repairing my teenage mistakes. I have paid back everything except my college loan & one defaulted card that I'm making payments on. My car is 13 years old & dying. My current score is 591. With around $3500-$4000 in a down payment & trade in and a co-signer with good credit, do I stand a shot at getting a loan for around $17000 to cover the rest of the car & taxes?!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Do I have a chance?

In short YES. With a 20% down payment and a strong cosigner then a dealer should have no problem working out a deal for you. In most cases we advise securing financing before you go to the dealership. With your challenges (new job / past history) I think just letting the dealer handle it is best. Most large dealers have a special financing manager that deals with credit challenges. Call a few in your area and speak with them before showing up. I'm sure you'll get a good feeling from at least one.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.