Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have any options? Help!

tag
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Do I have any options? Help!

@SamsungHDTV wrote:

Its going to be hard for you to get out of the hole, but dont get discouraged. Find a way to make it happen. Good thing you got GAP insurance, hint*.

If you are going to commit insurance fraud at least make sure you save your money in the meantime by NOT buying GAP from the dealer.

Loan/Lease Payoff thru Progressive costs me $17 a month and covers 25% of actual cash value of vehicle after insurance claim which should be more than enough to cover negative equity assuming you got a good interest rate.

I'll be out of the red on my 2015 Challenger and will cancel the LLP long before the 53 months I would have to carry this LLP to equal what I would have paid the dealer for GAP... $895.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do I have any options? Help!

So I called my local credit union and asked about refi on my car. The lady I talked to asked all the questions but what surprised me the most is when she went to find out the amount for the car she said it would only allow her to use the full MSRP value which was 22,000-24,000 roughly. I am waiting for EQ to update and we will be hopefully taking full advantage of this refi opportunity. Does this sound like I won't be getting too much negative equity on the possible new loan? She also did say I may have to come up with a little bit of cash which isn't a problem.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.